XLIX.

"Is this the lovely Amora Crooks?" My eyes raised up from Amora to Amarie.

"Yes

"Yes. I've missed you." I said genuinely.

"Ooh chile, stop all those lies. I know you were ready to venture out into your own house."

"A house doesn't make a home. The people in it does. I felt at home living with you."

"Well you've got your own family, now. Amora and Amaru are gonna turn this house into a happy home."

"That's if he beats this case."

"You've got to stay optimistic or those devils are gonna tear you two apart. Behind bars or not you'll be fine."

"I don't think I can raise her alone. She looks too much like Amaru." I mumbled putting her over my shoulder to burp.

"You're her mother

"You're her mother."

"Amaru is her father."

"Damn right I am. Let me see her." Amaru picked her up, patting on her back to burp her.

"Watch your mouth. I've told you too many times to not be disrespectful."

"I'm sorry. It slips."

"Just like that." Amarie laughed pointing.

"What?" He furrowed his eyebrows quickly looking down. Amora had burped all over his shirt. "Broooo..."

"That's why you ask to hold her before jumping the gun. She had been eating prior to you coming in here."

I handed him a baby wipe. Passing Amora back to me, he cleaned himself off.

"Mama, I'm sorry for being disrespectful yesterday. It was full of so much grief and to see my father and you talking like you two were best friends angered me since he left us all alone."

"Well I've grown as well as him and he wants to be in your life. I know you are grown and everything, but it won't hurt."

"I'm going to eat lunch with him later."