XLVII.

Symphoni "Sym" Peterson. (AMARU IN MM)

I could barely step on my brakes before Amaru was rushing out the car. I ended up having to drive to this hospital since Amaru had gotten himself drunk.

Finding a parking space was the easy part. The hard part, though, was walking across the street. I'm nine months pregnant and here I am running around like an athlete.

Amaru had texted me the room number so I skipped the receptionist desk getting onto the elevator. All I mostly seen was employees.

Shooting a doctor a small smile seeing as he was smiling at me I continued my walk making it to the room.

On the outside I could hear Amaru and Dion having a conversation about Zane.

Knocking softly on the door I awkwardly walked in. Dion and I haven't spoken since our blowup. To be truly honest I never planned to speak to her again.

"Hey, Sym." She greeted. Her red eyes let me know she'd been crying.

"Hello. He's really gone, huh?" I mumbled avoiding Zane's body. They say not to look at dead bodies while pregnant.

"Yes. There was a fight between him and his bunk mate. He slit his throat."

"Wow..." I mumbled with a scrunched up face.

"How are you out, Leo?"

"I'm out on bail."

"Lucky you."

"Do you need help with any funeral expenses or planning the funeral?" I asked changing the subject.

Dion ran her fingers through her curly weave before nodding her head.

"His mom wants him cremated but I want him buried. That way his kids can go visit him anytime."

"Speaking of kids, Zane has one on the way." Amaru said catching Dion and I off guard.

"I'm not pregnant. We haven't slept together in months."

"Not you, dummy." Amaru smacked his teeth.

Holding in my laugh at her face I looked away.

"Then who?"

"Some white girl. I don't know her name."

"Well it won't be around my children."

"Why not?" I asked, speaking up.

Dion flipped her hair. "Because I don't want them to be. Mind your business."

"You're good for that I see." I retorted not in the mood for her attitude.

I haven't slept in almost 24 hours and here she is being petty over a damn kid.

"I don't owe you anything else, Symphoni. I apologized and that's that. You haven't hit me up since Florida. So get the fuck with trying to teach me how to raise my kids when your child isn't even alive."

"The difference between us two is I'm not bitter with all the shit I've been through. Meanwhile you chose to sleep unprotected knowing you could get pregnant. Zane didn't force those babies down your throat. They deserve to know their sibling. It's not fair to them for you to make a decision like that."

"I don't want to hear it."

"People never want to hear the truth. You dish out whatever you can, but can't handle the consequences. I pray the best for you. As for me, I'm gonna continue to do me and take care of my daughter like I should. Amaru." I called out.