XXX.

Amaru "Leo" Crooks. (HARRY IN MM)

Harry lazily turned the lights on coming face to face with me. His pale face turned red.

"I guess Carmen wasn't lying."

"Where is she?" Was all I could ask, looking around his bedroom.

My eyes zoomed in on cocaine. I calculated that in my head while waiting for him to answer my question.

"You're just a black man living in a white mans world. I could go down to a police station and report you as a killer and they'd believe me. This is my world."

"It is." I nodded my head looking around his bedroom.

My mother has always told me that if I do something, I better have nothing to lose.

Messing around with these white folks will have me losing everything. My wife, child, and a future as a free man.

"I'm glad you know that. You can leave right now and call a truce or we can have problems."

"White boy got balls, huh?" His face was a little less confident, but he nodded his head.

"Carmen isn't here. We don't have any problems."

"We do."

"I don't have any money to give you, man."

"That's not what I'm talking about. I just want the rights to my wife's episode."

"Rights?" He raised an eyebrow, cackling. "And wife? Can't believe a woman like Symphoni Peterson would settle for a guy like you."

I ask that question everyday...

"Well her man pulled her contract from Shannon and she signed off on the rights. Either you give it to me, or I'll gladly take it to court. We only want it so we can edit."

"I can't do that."

"And why not?" I interrogated with my hands crossed.

"Look, if you let us air it the way it is I'll give you half of the proceeds. Airing it the way it is can triple my net worth, make her more known, and you'll have money for your wedding since I know she hasn't married you yet." For a second I was for it, but then I remembered just who Symphoni is to me.

If I agree to his offer it's like selling my soul to the devil.

Symphoni and I will be fine without money or publicity.

"Self worth is nonexistent to you Hollywood weirdos, huh?"

"Don't knock it until you try it. All I'm trying to do is eat."

"You have no kids or wife. You don't need all the money you're getting. This big ass house is unnecessary. You only need a good two bedrooms. I insist you start a charity or something for those less fortunate than you."

"I have no ties to those bastards. Amaru, you do that if you ever achieve my notoriety." He spoke uninterested.

Soja entered the bedroom grabbing the contract.

"We're going to court." I let Harry know.

"Whatever you say. You'll never win against a white man, so stop having hope."

"I hope you don't think I came here to talk to you, right?" I asked to be sure.

His kept up his plain face.

"You don't want to start with me, thug boy." Shaking my head at his racism, I began giving him powerful blows watching blood leak from his face in satisfaction.