The Eagle and the Falcon

The most important day of Christine's life was the day the baby came.

The baby isn't hers. It isn't her flesh and blood, but it's a baby. A child. The purest thing that can ever come from a society of such vile creations.

The day of August 25th, 1885 was the day that her life began. Her life truly started on that day, a smile filled with happiness and hope. The day her life became an eternity of endless laughter.

She dreamed about that for ages. When she was little, she dreamed for a family that treated her like the girl she was. In Gillian, it's been hard for the last generations of parents to really pay attention to their kids. Christine's life was filled with neglect, and now that she can become a parent to a young boy... it means she can give this baby a chance, a chance she never had.

To feel loved, and to be special.

That's what the KSDL was built for. To give children that are given away by their parents a chance to mean something. A chance to wield incredible power, and to grow up around magic, fun and mystery.

The day Christine was given up at age 18, the school immediately began her training... as a nanny.

Her dream job, caring for young children. That's what the KSDL does too. It's very common for parents to give up teenagers, but not as much as newly borns. Teenagers are immediately put in the nanny program, teaching them to love children all the while being loved at the same time. To continue to grow up with a healthy mind, and give the world a huge chance at learning to love again.

"Christine!"

Christine jumps, eyes widening when her dorm room's opened and her best friend, Penelope, runs in. She's out of breath, cheeks flushed and her wavy blonde hair out of her usual high and sophisticated bun.

She seems to just stand there, blue eyes wide and a smile on her face as Christine stares at her. She has a book open, sitting on her rocking chair as the sun shines through her window. She wasn't expecting such a dramatic entrance, and Christine is definitely not a fan of surprises.

"What is it, Penelope?" She asks finally, closing her book and setting it to the side on her table.

The ground shakes as a low and soft roar, filled with excitement and adoration, fills the room.

Christine would often find this part of the KSDL to be the most important part.

The dragons.

The dragons are what make King's School for Dragon Leaders so magical.

Dragons are like the grandparents to everyone in this school. This large, castle sized school with twenty floors, not including the basement.

Dragons are what make the school what it is. The only ones that roam freely in the halls are Universe Dragons, dragons that have been trained by the ten school council members. The council members are the most skilled, and most talented of dragon masters. Ten of them, and ten Universe Dragons.

There are five females, and five males. The council members' dragons are used solely for reproducing. A level 10 dragon, the most powerful.

Universe Dragons are incredibly wise, powerful, and completely aware of their surroundings. They know who everyone is, and are the most sweet. They love children, and they love humans. They are incredibly gentle beings, especially the females. The males are the ones that really get to roam freely, for the females are cooped up in their own rooms in the basement, getting ready for birth and are always getting taken care of.