26. Lost?

"Maa...... See the news" Nikki cried aloud.

Sonakshi and everyone rushed to her room.

The TV was switched on and the reporter said, According to the sources, Mr. Dev Dixit has met with an accident...... We don't know how and where is he now...... He's now a mystery for everyone...... Police has found his identity cards on the accident spot........ It is really a mystery..... Where is Dev Dixit? Is he even alive?

Ishwari gets hurt badly. She was about to faint but Sonakshi handles her with a glass of water.

Meanwhile, her phone keeps buzzing but she ignores the call and deals with Ishwari's weakness.

"He can't....... He can't leave us...... He can't leave us like this!!" Ishwari cries.

Her daughters rushes to hold her.

"My son....." she cries louder.

Riya, keeps passing a glare at Sonakshi, but she ignores the eye contact with her.

*

Days has passed and the situations weren't ready to get back to normal. Though Dev's family, as planned, has now built up their trust on Sonakshi.

She was now handling business with Riya. But deep down inside her heart, she was craving to know the whereabouts of her love. Where was he? Did Dr. Singh was right? Do he really lied about it? She just wanted to embrace him wholeheartedly.

She was secretly finding a way to see Dev once. There remained an awkward silence between Riya and Sonakshi, until one day,

"Bhabhi" Riya enters in her cabin.

Sonakshi was calling Dr. Arun and he wasn't picking up the call, she even tried calling Dr. Singh, but he remained out of coverage area.
"Yes Riya... Can you please pass me the files kept on the shelf" says Sonakshi as she got alert by the sudden arrival of Riya.

"Whom are you lying?"

"What lie are you talking about?" Sonakshi shrugged.

"Bhabhi..... You know that I know Bhai is not as in the way you have presented his image in front of us."

Sonakshi stands up at her place. Tensed and Restless.

"Bhai can't abuse anyone you know that right? I'm sorry for talking you in this manner, but Bhabhi. He loved you!" she cries.

Sonakshi secretly wipes her emerging tears.

"He loved you Bhabhi..... He needed you..... And you were after him just because of his money?" she shouts.

Sonakshi slaps Riya at her face.

Now both were stunned.

"I'm... I'm sorry...." Sonakshi turns her back towards her.

"I know you are" says Riya. Sonakshi looks at her face.

Riya continues, "Yes Bhabhi.... I know..... I know everything is a lie..... He didn't abused you..... And you are not here to gain our sympathy."

Sonakshi remains silent.

"Then why Bhabhi..... Why are you lying? At least tell me...... Tell me..... What happened with him? And where is his body?" Riya shakes Sonakshi's arms.

"Who told you I'm lying? And why would I? Even after knowing that after Dev, his properties are only mine!" she declares.

"I don't know.... I don't want to know why you're lying..... But at least.... Find his body. We want to see him for the.............. For the..... last time!" she cries.

"I have already consulted higher authorities..... His body will be here till...." she stops. It was really hard for her to say each word. But then after a pause, she continues, "till...... Tomorrow...."

"Bhabhi.... Tell me one thing"

"Now what Riya?" she shouts.

"Don't you really miss him? I mean.... You were so concerned....that...." she was crying badly. "that....no one got to know about his disease."

Sonakshi hugs Riya who was crying bitterly. "Riya, I'm a Doctor by profession. How can you expect me to hamper the secrecy of any of my patients?"

"Bhabhi..... He was your husband..... Love of your life.... Not only a patient....."

"The way he treated me.... I wish he was never my patient even."

Suddenly, Sonakshi's phone buzzed. It was Dr. Singh.

She excuses herself from Riya and calls him back.

"Yes Dr. Singh"

"Dr. Bose..... I have a news for you...."

"Please tell.... Please tell me where is he?"

"Come to my clinic and i'll tell you" he smirks.

"Dr. Singh please..... You want money right? I'll give you.... I'll give you as much as you want.... But please"

"In My cabin." he disconnected the call.

*

She wanted to rush to meet him but was busy with Ishwari's health. She was not talking to anyone and her BP was dropped low. Sonakshi was engaged with dealing her.
Today was the day Ishwari was getting discharged. Now somehow, she trusted Sonakshi for some reason.

Sonakshi was busy all day with her and finally, at evening, she manages to reach Dr. Singh.

But when she entered, the clinic was dark and no other staff members were seen.

Suddenly she saw Dr. Singh dead on his chair.

Shock was an understatement.

*

A month was now passed and she was losing in front of Riya's questions. She was confused whether she should confess everything with his family. But what if she looses them too. Dev has taken promise of that she'll never leave his family. What should she do?

One day, her phone buzzes.

"Hello" she says picking up the call.

"Hello" the male voice on the other side fills butterflies in her stomach.