Chapter 18

Chapter 18

When I woke up Harry was still asleep, his breathing was peaceful and rythmic. I reached up to his face, and brushed his hair out of his face. The bruises looked worse in the morning light. I put both my arms around him, and breathed in his scent.

I heard noises downstairs, and smelled food, I’d bet everyone was awake. That didn’t really matter because I wasn’t going to move, at all. I wondered what we were going to do while Harry healed, there wasn’t much to do around here that didn’t involve physical activity. Harry moved and instantly I closed my eyes and tried to smooth my breathing. He shifted, I could tell that he was looking down at me.

“You’ll never know just how much,” He sighed. Then he shook me gently, “Babe, its time to wake up.” I groaned and turned over onto my side.

“No.”

“Yes, come on now, or I will carry you down for everyone to see.”

“You wouldn’t dare.” I growled, then all the covers were thrown off the bed, and he pulled me into his arms as he stood up.

“What do you want to bet?” He walked to the door. I jumped out of his arms, holding my hands up like I was surfing.

“I’m awake!” I shouted, but my legs were unstable beneath me, so I fell backwards on my bum.

“Smooth.” He commented as he helped me up. I stuck my tounge out at him childishly.

“Okay, you can go now.” I said when I was on my feet. Opening the door and motioning for him to leave.

“Why?” He stuck his lower lip out like he was pouting.

“Because I’ve gotta change into normal clothing! And you are so not aloud to see that!” I pushed him out the door, and kissed his cheek, “I’ll be out in a second.” Then I closed the door, I brushed my hair, and put on a pair of jean shorts with a tank top, making sure to avoid my eye. Then I nearly skipped down the stairs, joining everyone in the kitchen.

“Good Morning! Here is some ice to put on your eye.” Natalie gave me a bag of ice, I closed my eye and put it against it. It felt so good.

“So, is everyone ready for today?” Niall asked, I put my ice bag down so I could meet his eyes.

“What are we doing?” I asked, my eyebrows arched as my line of sight went across the room to Harry. His face mirrored my own.

“Today we are going to close all the windows, turn out all the lights, light a bunch of candles and spend the day playing fun games, like hide and go seek, and Maria suggested we play sardines, what ever that is.” Niall chuckled, and laughed as Natalie and Maria dumped a whole bunch of candles on the island.

“Sounds like an amazing day if you ask me. Lets get going!” Harry said, walking around the island, wrapping his hand around my waist, and pulling me closer to him.

“Okay, Maria, you said the girls would light all the candles, as long as the rest of us got the rest of the house ready.” Niall said, and Maria nodded, a smirk on her face. “Lets get going boys!” They all evacuated the room, flicking the lights off as they did.

“Okay, lighters.” Maria gave each of us lighters, then sighed. “Lets get to work girls.” We separated the candles and started lighting.

“So, Miranda, care to explain why you and Harry came down at around the same time?” Natalie asked, smirking. I gasped, leaned around Maria and hit her on the arm.

“We slept in the same bed, but I’m still a virgin, I swear on Ashley’s life.” I said, remembering the feel of his arms around me, the sound of his velvet voice, the smile on his face when he gave me the necklace.