Chapter 5

Chapter 5

“Hey, Maria, Miranda, whats good here?” Niall asked, storming the menu like it was a medieval castle.

“Hey, do you remember what all James got when we were here? Clam Chowder, a Bacon Cheese Burger and something else.” Maria said facing me, ah, James. I missed him. He was in California with his family right now, and was going to go to Stanford, but dang, did that boy eat!

“Yeah, all that and like two orders of fries, can you beat that Niall?” I asked, turning to the blond boy, giggling when he took a superhero pose.

“Of course I can!” He said, then he looked over then menu again. I knew what I was having, Clam Chowder, Mozzarella sticks, and a sprite. I looked at Harry. He had a faint flush in his cheeks, this hair whipped in the sea wind, and his eyes moved quickly over the menu. Liam looked over the waves, as though mermaids danced inside the glittering water. Zayn and Maria were having a hushed conversation. I was still amazed how well they got along, not many people could form that good of a relationship with Maria over night. Literally, over night. Louis was throwing peanuts at defenseless seagulls, which, over the short amount of time I’d known him, did not shock me at all.

“Hi, I’m Anna, I’ll be your server today, can we get started on the drinks?” She said, and she started to Oogle the boys. I couldn’t blame her, but I didn’t know what was with me when her eyes lingered on Harry to long than the rest. I felt something jump inside of me, I didn’t like it.

“Miranda, its your turn.” Niall mumbled, while elbowing me.

“Oh, I’ll have a sprite.” I said, looking down embarrassed. She went on, getting Niall and Liam’s order, before dropping a wink at Harry and walking away. I was so close to cussing out loud it wasn’t even funny.

“Smooth Miranda.” Maria laughed. I looked at her and narrowed my eyes.

“Shush up.” I laughed, and the boys resumed conversation, about food. I looked at the beach, the sun reflected off of the water, making it look like a massive wave of aquamarine was about to hit the beach.

“Don’t you wish we were at Nando’s now Niall?” Louis asked Niall, and we all laughed as Niall faked crying.

“Yes!” He cried. And Louis hugged him, pretending to comfort him. We all laughed.

“And here are your drinks,” The waitress came back, and gave us all our drinks. We all chorused thank you. And she took our order. Mostly everyone got just Clam Chowder, and then there was Niall. It was funny, how we all ordered, and then we all looked at Niall, as though we were ready for some huge joke to happen.

“I’ll have one order of Clam Chowder, 2 Bacon Cheese burgers and 2 Orders of fries.” As I looked around the table, everyone had grins on their face, trying to contain in laughter.

“I’ll be right up with that!” The girl said, and walked back to the kitchen. We all burst out in laughter.

“You can do it bro!” Zayn said, while still laughing. We all just laughed, most of the boys clasped Niall on the shoulder while they were laughing. But me and Maria just laughed, truth be told, the Irish boy did remind me a little of my old friend James. The rest of the time before the food came passed in Idle chatter. And then it did come. I willingly dug into my clam chowder, finishing quick. Even though it wasn’t a race. I was the third one done. And by the time I had finished my Chowder, Niall was halfway through burger number one, and doing it in style. By the time Maria was done, and she was known for eating slower than a snail, Niall had passed through one bowl of clam chowder, one burger and one basket of fries. And then, by the time all of our plates had been cleared, Niall was working on that last basket of fries. Then, the victorious moment came.