Chapter 6

We played on the beach a little while longer, then Maria and I put on fresh clothes. Poor Niall. I felt so bad about wearing his shirt that I tried to stuff it under the hand dryer in the bathroom Maria and I changed in. It didn’t help much, but it helped a little, to the point where Niall wore it again. The car ride back, I fell asleep, but I always fall asleep in the car, so it wasn’t to much of a big thing to me when I tipped my head back and I was swiftly in the arms of Morpheus. And when I woke up, I was where I fell asleep, but Louis had kicked his legs over me and Harry’s elbow was jammed deep into my side. I knew I’d have bruises from this.

“Looks like sleeping beauty is awake. Were almost back to the the house.” Zayn whisper shouted from the front of the car. I looked around, Liam, Niall, and Maria were passed out too.

“Which house?” I whisper shouted back. Mentally, I crossed my fingers, hoping that he would say he was dropping me and Maria back at my house. But I guess I was not fortune's favorite.

“Our place! You’ve gotta see it. Its pretty insane.” He just said from the front seat. I decided I’d rather not say anything back, because everyone on the beach had seen our little Romeo and Juliet scene earlier, and it was silly for me not to want to spend time with Harry now. I looked out of the windows we were in the forest on a gravel road, I looked at the clock on Harry’s wrist, 9:30. Wow, pretty late for still being on the road, and way to early to be asleep. So I pleasantly watched silently as the trees passed by for another 15 or so minutes. Trying not to do three things, First of all was move to much, because I didn’t want Harry or Louis waking up. Second of all, fall asleep, which was harder to do because everyone but Zayn was breathing almost synchronized and was little like a lullaby. Third, say something, because if I did I was positive nothing would come good. Those 15 minutes were like torture.

And then the house came into view. It was like a house some one would find on Tumblr, one looked at it and felt they’d never have enough money to get a house that perfect. It was like an over glorified cabin, Made out of Dark wood and Glass and was Huge. I was sitting staring in awe at this huge house that was before me.

“Hey, Miranda, you  might want to cover your ears.” Zayn said from the front of the car.

“Why?” I asked shortly, and then I saw his hand on the volume knob and I shortly nodded at him, then placed my hands over my ears. And Zayn blasted the music. Everyone but Harry jolted up and started yelling at Zayn. He turned the music off.

“Alright, Alright everybody. We’re home, you were all asleep!” He said, Harry still didn’t move, but his chest was still rising and falling, so he wasn’t dead.

“Yes! Food!” Niall called and abandoned us, sprinting towards the house. We all laughed. Gradually, everyone got out of the car, Liam and Louis were short after, Louis almost kicking me in the face when he got out, then Maria got out of the car pissed that someone had made her wake up, Zayn following her spurting apologies, I tried to flip over the seats but Harry grabbed my leg as I did.

“Oh, Get off of it Harry. I know your awake.” I said plaintively, and actually did flip over the seats, and onto the floor.

“How did you know?” Harry’s face popped over the seats, I glared at him.

“You grabbed my leg!” I said, then laughed. I couldn’t stay serious for long with those eyes watching me. I sat up, and tried to get out of the van. I did, and then I helped Harry out, and he picked me up bridal style and carried me to the house. I laughed, but didn’t protest. When we walked into the house, Niall was making popcorn, while eating something else, he wore a new shirt already. Zayn and Maria walked past us, holding hands, I made a mental note to drill her later. Liam was putting a dvd for us to watch, and Louis was sitting on the couch talking to him.

“Movie time!” Liam called, as Harry Placed me down onto the ground.

“Race you?” Harry asked, a grin spreading across his face.

“I played indoor soccer all of high school, your going down.” I said, then I sprinted down the hallway, my loud footsteps echoing through the house. I then realized I was heading straight for the couch, I did my best hardcore parqour move and managed to stay on my feet for about half of a second, then my nose met the ground.

“Are you okay?” Liam, And Louis asked.

“Yes, I’m alright,” I stood up, rubbing my nose.

“What happened?” Maria asked, her and Zayn sitting down on the opposite couch of me. They had two couches, One of which was occupied already by Liam, Zayn and Maria. Louis was on the floor, watching the movie start as though he was entranced by the moving pictures on the screen. Harry had just walked in with Niall at his side, both of them holding enough food to supply a movie theater. Harry and Niall plopped down next to me.

“She fell on her face.” Louis said, eagerly pressing play before my mind could register anything but the scary font that made up the title. Oh crap. I don’t do horror movies. And I couldn’t force myself to sleep through this one. I looked everywhere but at the screen, at the floor, at the ceiling, at Maria, who had decided to cower into Zayn, at Niall, who had cleared almost all of his food. I decided to glance at the screen, and test to see if I’d be able to make it. Unfortunately, this part I looked at had to do with Chainsaws and blood. Maria and I screeched at exactly the same time.

“Damn it Liam! Turn it off!” Louis shouted, and Liam Launched at the tv, snapping it off. Niall and Harry looked at me, then at each other, Harry nodded his head slightly.

“Are you okay, love?” Harry said softly. Niall hugged me, and Harry rubbed my back. I couldn’t handle horror movies, not in the slightest. My body shook with sobs. What little I’d seen, had been permanently engraved in my mind.

“I’ll be fine, just give me a minute.” I said into Niall, He released me, and I left the couch and went to the Kitchen. I reached into the freezer and pulled out the ice cream and searched the drawers till I found a spoon and I dug in. All of this in under a minute, I think I should have won an award for that. It was mint chocolate chip, my absolute favorite flavor. And within the second minute, Maria joined me in the kitchen, she had a tear marred face.

“I can’t handle that movie anymore. Where are the spoons?” Maria asked, I pointed to the drawer. She pulled out a spoon and joined me.

“So, you and Zayn, huh?” I asked, nonchalantly as possible. A soft grin lit up her face, my best friend really was pretty. She had tanned skin, from the sun decided to come out, and dark hair, from being Mexican.

“Well, yes, I guess. It all sort of happened while we were at the beach. We were swimming and our lips just kind of met you know?” She smiled at me, yes yes I did know.

“Ahw, and you guys talked it all over on the car ride back, before you fell asleep, right?” I asked, hoping that at least some part of my best friend’s relationship with a guy she just met was rational. I mean, don’t let the hypocrite preach anything. But for some reason I felt like I could trust these boys, I knew that that probably wasn’t my most genius idea, but they felt like family already.

“Yes, we did. We are exclusive.” Maria said, and then gracefully shoved another spoonful into her mouth. I pulled her into a hug as we both squealed, as true girly girls did.

“What about you and Harry?” Maria asked, and suddenly I feigned major interest in my spoon. She elbowed me. “Come now, we all saw you both at the beach, it was so adorable!”

“Oh, alright, so basically, all that happened was he came up to me, and he said he liked the same Romeo and Juliet scene as me. You know, the one where they first meet. And I was being irrational.” I scolded myself by throwing my spoon carelessly into the sink. No more ice cream for me.

“Haven’t you noticed yet, Miranda, that the most beautiful things in life, come without reason?”

A/N:

Hello My Lovies! Hoped you liked this chapter! I certainly have fun writing these stories and I'm super excited that I reached 100 reads on this! So, As always, Remember to eat a carrot, drink some tea, have some ice cream, and of course, please vote. And tell your friends. Comments are the best though!

Allie Out! Peace!