Prologue

And in that moment,

I swear we were infinite.

-Steven Chbosky

~

I let out a frustrated sigh, they would never understand, I get affected too when they fight, how scared I get when the door slams and the car flys down the driveway, gravel flinging everywhere. They fight because they're worried.

We're slowly running out of money and Mum can't find a good job.

This has happened so many times I stopped crying myself to sleep now. I block them out with music. I simply put my headphones in and blast the sound so loud I can't hear them, the gentle melodies soothe me, calm me.

I always have another option though if I don't want to be around them.

No, I dont self-harm, the thought of running a blade along my wrists, releasing the pain for a while, through more pain. I don't think that would solve any of our problems.

I ride instead.

My absolute favourite place in the whole world is on the back of a horse, hearing the powerful drum of their hooves galloping across the pasture, with the wind in my hair, soft laughter escapes my mouth as I feel infinite,

Forgetting all my troubles at school, forgetting my parents.

I just take in that moment I'm in.

And I fly.

~

This is just a small introduction to this book, I have not yet written a book yet on Wattpad and I'm very excited to.

I know this is short but this is just a prologue

Shiloh Maxwell played as who ever you want, let your imagination run wild!

-Ash xx