Chapter 10 | She's Mine

I'm sorry,

You seem to have mistaken me

For a woman who will take you shit

- Ali Parker

~~

I launched myself at her, trying desperately to ripe those fake ass extensions out of her skull and up her ass but a strong grip pulled me back to prevent me from reaching her.

I already knew who it was due to the butterflies in my stomach, Luke.

"Think about what you're doing." Luke whispered in my ear, chills ran down my spine.

He was right.

I was better than this, stronger. I won't stoop to her level.

"Go on, hit me!" She screeches to me, I clench my jaw as I restrain myself and melt into Luke's arms.

"No." I reply with a low tone to her as she takes a second to fix her hair and shift her stand, staring at me with dagger eyes.

"I will not stoop to your level, that would mean I am as bad as you, which I'm not." I announce to her and step towards the skinny bitch, proving my point and standing my ground.

My footsteps echo across the lino floor due to the silence and a dramatic feeling drains in the atmosphere.

Everyone was watching in awe, someone was finally taking a stand and calling her out. I look around at each of them before exiting the room in a confident walk, I couldn't bare that embarrassment any longer.

Sure I seemed like I was confident, that's only on the outside. Inside I was praying I could just melt to the ground, I was going to regret the sass later.

But at the same time it felt good to prove myself.

~~

"Are you okay?" Luke worries as he clutches me tightly in a hug, he had found me in the girls bathroom, braving the awkwardness of this and caring about my well-being instead.

To be honest, I wasn't but I had to put on a brave face for him.

"I'm fine." I sigh as he relaxes slightly, his arms not tensing so much anymore.

"Michael and Calum are waiting outside." He informs me and lets go of me but then throwing an arm over my shoulder as we walk out of the bathroom.

"I'm proud of you, not hitting her that is, and standing up for yourself." he praises me and a warm fuzzy feeling glows in my chest and I actually believe him which usually doesn't happen when others say things like that.

We walk over to where Michael and Calum were waiting and I got a hug from each of them, both of them apologising for not telling her to 'piss-off' and I brush it off replying with a 'it's fine'.

We all didn't seem to have any classes with each other for the rest of the day so we bid each other farewell and that was that.

I told them to think of ideas for the video while in their classes if they had time and they all agreed.

Great. History class. I groan in remembrance of my next class.

~~

The final bell rings out and people stand from their seats. I immediately feel a buzz from my phone telling me I had received a text.

From Luke :

Wanna come 2 band practice 2nite? Xx

To Luke :