Chapter 9 | Meeting Ashton

Turn around and face your fears

You will see how strong you really are

- Karen Kostyla

~~

To say I was dreading school today was an understatement, I was petrified. I would have to face Sarah and Tom, not to mention the rest of the school. I was bound to take a few tricks of verbal abuse.

It's now or never.

I walk through the doors of the school.

Head down.

Sticks to the outside.

Hold to my bag and books for dear life.

I keep chanting this to myself as I walk to my locker. I look to see Luke leaning on my locker, smirking. All my worries disappear as I see him.

"Hey stalker." I chuckle as I gently push him off my locker door.

"Hey," Luke replies in a cheery mood, does he not realise as soon as we see the populars we're dead?

"Where's Cal and Mikey?" I ask, Calum and Michael go to this school, surely they would walk with Luke?

"Off to Media already, I stayed back so I could walk with you." Luke says looking down shaking his head to hide the redness that erupted on his cheeks.

My heart leaps as he says this, he wanted to walk with me?

"How'd you know I had Media?" I questions, nudging his shoulder.

"I may have asked the Student Services lady." his blush deepens as he confesses.

"Let's get going shall we?" I propose, tugging his arm as I begin to walk to the Media classroom.

"We shall." he calls out as he goes back to his goofy self.

~~

"Who's that guy drumming on the box?" I slowly drag out, the boys had been showing their videos they had been posting for the past few years. We were currently watching them sing 'Teenage Dirtbag' and I hadn't seen the intro.

"That's the new guy in our band, Ashton" Calum elaborates, easing my confusion, "He's older than us, eighteen."

"What song do you guys think we should film?" Luke tries to discuss, Michael and Calum weren't being exactly cooperative.

"I say 'Out Of My Limit' would be cool." Michael pipes up, thinking a bit.

"I agree." Calum nods with Luke who was listening, I hadn't yet heard this song yet.

The project was to create a movie trailer but we had asked the teacher if we could make a music video instead which he said was fine. We had been doing a bit of 'research' on our video, in a way.

Okay, maybe we weren't working very hard.

"Out Of My Limit' it is." I announce, the guys do a mini celebration dance in their seats. I join in by putting my hands in the air, the other classmates give us weird looks but we didn't care.

"Where should we film this? I should be out of shot because you guys are the ones performing." I plan, racking my brain for ideas of the set, Calum goes silent with Luke but Michael just starts sketching on a piece of paper.

"We could film us performing at a venue, and us 'touring'." Calum says using air quotes with his two fingers, it was a good idea though. We could get them to perform and meet a few fans.