Chapter 21 | Choosing Sides

I'm the girl your ex-girlfriend will hate,

Your mum will love

And that you'll never forget

-Unknown.

~~

"Shiloh, dear, can you come into the kitchen with me for a minute?" Liz asks me politely and I throw her a smile as I stand to follow her.

Ashton tries to hold me back with his hand and I pout at him before he lets go of me. He didn't want me to leave. I wouldn't blame him however. The atmosphere was terribly awkward, with Brooke sitting on Luke's lap and cuddling him. Mikey and Calum looked bored out of their minds, resulting in a constant pestering game with each other. Poking each other, throwing a random pillow every so often and even walking away and then belly-flopping onto the other like a starfish.

I think Mikey's winning so far.

But not only did I feel lonely about Luke and Brooke I felt as though I didn't even know how she got here in the first place.

Oh yeah, Luke.

"Do you need a hand with anything Liz?" I ask as she leans her back against the counter top. She sighs with a frown on her face. She looked like she had been stressing over something.

"I don't like her Shiloh." she says in a low tone and my eyebrows raise. "I never bloody did."

"Brooke?" I match her hushed voice and she nods. I wouldn't blame her after what she did to him.

"She broke my boy's heart once, I'm not letting her do it again." Anger flashes in her eyes and I gulp, looking around the dirty kitchen, yet still giving a homely feel.

"What are you suggesting we do?" I mumble to her as I try and avoid her gaze but she shrugs.

"Get with my boy before she does," She begins and my heart is pounding once again "What you're doing with Ashton, is good."

What the hell?

She wants her own son to get jealous of me and Ashton?

Of course she knows, Liz is always watching.

Well according to Jack, she is.

She wants her boy with me.

"Wait, you want me to be with your son?" I question and she smiles.

"More then anything in the world."

~~

So that's how I spent the next half hour. Cooking dinner with Liz, and practically bitching about 'Brooke The Bitch' the whole time.

Okay, so maybe while we were cooking Liz and I came up with a name for her.

Liz gave me full reins tonight with dinner, I chose what to cook and she was willing to learn from me which in a way was hilarious.

"Just have a taste." I say as I lift the wooden spoon from the cooking pot on the stove, we had put all the ingredients in and I had altered it to my liking but Liz was yet to try.

She carefully grasps the spoon from me and has a taste. Her eyes widen and she smiles.

"It tastes amazing Shiloh-" she praises and a warm glow feeling strikes my heart. It was nice to have a friend in times of need to distract you.

We made a creamy pasta dish that my grandmother taught me, and as we poured it into the hot pasta, the flavour laced into the air.

"Dinner time guys!" I call loudly from the kitchen as we start plating up the food. Within seconds Michael, Calum and Ashton have burst into the kitchen, obviously waiting for an opportunity to leave Luke and Brooke's presence.