The Epilogue

Only bad books have good endings.

If a book is any good,

It's ending is always bad -

Because you don't want the book to end.

- Pseudonymous Bosch

~~
- 3rd Person Point Of View -

When Luke got home from Shiloh's house, he cried.

He cried because that might be the last time he would see her so happy again.

With him being the reason.

Her eyes so full of life.

Her soul so pure.

His mother knew of his decision a week before and she had no idea of his secrecy to Shiloh.

His mother loved Shiloh dearly, she approved of her and couldn't think of any one better for her boy.

He cried himself to sleep that night.

He didn't know that he would be the one to break their promise.

He made so sure that she wouldn't leave him because of his insecurity of being alone.

'She would be alone' he thought as he dug his head in his pillow, damp from his tears.

He looked up with hot tears running down his face, picking up his wallet. He desperately opened it and slipped out the Polaroid picture he took with her.

They looked so happy.

She looked so beautiful too.

Her facial expression was adorable. Her nose scrunched up with a red tinge spreading along her cheeks as he kissed her cheek tenderly.

He couldn't imagine what her reaction would be when he didn't show up to school the next day.

He hoped she wouldn't hate him.

He wondered if she felt as strong for him as he did with her.
He was terrified if he told her he loved her, she would reject him and leave him like Brooke.

Was it love?

He felt it was.

So as he woke the next day, he felt empty.

As he packed his suitcase of clothes, his heart heavy.

When he said goodbye to his mother, he didn't cry. He cried all his emotions out last night over Shiloh and his mum could see his shame.

"What happened Luke? What did you do?" She asked, cupping his cheek with one hand as he stared down at the little woman.

"I did a terrible thing" his bottom lip trembled, Shiloh's eyes flashing in his mind.

"I didn't tell her Mum, I couldn't do it" his voice cracked at the end. His mothers eyes softened.

"She's gonna hate me Mum" a tear slipped from his eye. His mother wiped it with her thumb as she sighed.

"She won't hate you Luke, she couldn't hate you even if she tried" she gives an encouraging smile, trying to cheer her saddened son up.

"She loves you too much" she tugs his head down to her as she gives him a kiss on his forehead, then pushing him gently away towards the doorway.

"Go Luke." She gives him a bitter-sweet smile. "Go live your dream."

And so he left through the door.