21

Lil's POV

Even though I went to bed early last night I wake up late, I get up to get my phone and check the time to make sure my alarm clock isn't lying, it isn't, they both say four pm. I text Niall.

To: Niall

Making brownies, can you bring some ingredients?? ily

That basically means I want him to bring some weed over, he turns up half an hour later. "hey Lil, I'm in a hurry but here you go, it's 10grams, don't use it all. I start baking, while it's in the oven I call to order pizza. At five thirty exactly the door bell goes off, maybe I was staring at my phone and that's how I know the time, so what?

"Hey, you must really like pizza," the delivery boy says.

"Yeah maybe, or maybe I like seeing you, now I have to eat all this pizza by my self," I watch as he loses his words and just stutters, "do you smoke?" I ask, you can't really just ask someone if they like weed brownies because some people are goody two shoes and will report you to the police.

"No, I leave that to the people with tattoos," he says laughing, I don't bother trying to laugh back, that happened once and it sounded so fake and I was so embarrassed, instead I lift up my top and pull the side of my shorts down a bit to show some ink on my skin, "oh, I didn't mean all people with tattoos smoke it's just, a lot do but I mean..." he talks so fast I can't understand so I pick a pack of cigarettes up from the table behind me.

"I smoke so don't worry, I don't care," he tries to apologize but now I do laugh, "did you want some pizza, I can't eat all of this myself," I ask, needing to forget Michael.

"I need to work," he says.

"Ditch, and I wont smoke so don't worry."

"I would but I can't, maybe another time," he says and I realize I've been rejected by the pizza boy, he leaves without me paying, I guess the best things in life ARE free but it doesn't make me feel better about being rejected.

I finish the pizza and then get the brownies out of the oven and leave them to cool before going back to bed but I can't sleep, the thing Niall said about me replays in my head, Louis comes over and says Niall told him his "supply" was here.

"Yeah, here," I throw the bag at him.

"Thanks, I was going to smoke this at the frat but did you want to here?" Louis asks, I nod my head, Louis starts making a joint before passing it over to me, I wait until he has his before lighting them up. The night is a blur of calmness and a feeling of freedom, I'm happy and the future doesn't matter, I end up telling Louis about the rejection by the pizza delivery boy and we end up laughing about it.

I can't remember what happens next because I go to sleep on the sofa, a dreamless slumber.

I wake up the next day early, I'm at the end of my period where I don't know if I really need a tampon or not, I hate it but at least I don't have any cramps, I take the day off work even though I can go there anyway. There's a knock on the front door.

I open it to see... "Ashton!" I jump into his arms, "I haven't seen you in years!" I exaggerate.

"Hey Lil, how have you been?" He asks.

"Tired, I slept all day yesterday, where have you been?"

"Busy, so do you believe me now?" he asks, I know what he's talking about but I wish I didn't.

"Yeah, I really wish you were lying to me, it'd make me feel a whole lot better," I sigh.

"I'm sorry, I didn't want to make you upset but-"