1

I walk to the small shop only a block away, the warm air is getting hotter as summer approaches. The shop has bad air conditioning that spits cold air every few seconds accompanied by smoke, I feel bad for whoever has to work here in the next few months, I grab a block of chocolate and pay before heading back to my apartment. I check my phone as I round a corner and bump into someone.

"I'm sorry, I-"

I swallow when I see the stranger, he's a tall, tattooed guy with dyed hair and piercings in his lip, nose and eyebrow. I feel a bit intimidated but I don't know why, all my friends look just like him. He walks off without a word and I'm left to walk home slightly paranoid.

My roommate, Jade pulls up into the drive way as soon as I unlock the door, "sorry for throwing an egg in your room," I laugh at the memory of our food fight earlier and hand her the block of chocolate, she smiles at her gift but I can tell she's been planning to get me back so I'll have to watch her around the eggs.

"Olly's having another one of those huge ass parties, wanna come?"

"Sure," I reply excited, Olly always has big parties.

I go to get changed but I can't find my black shorts, I call out to Jade but she doesn't reply, I search all through my room and her room but still no luck. Finally Jade replies, I follow the sound of her voice to the front of the apartment, I'm only wearing a tank top, panties and socks.

"Have you seen my black shorts?" I ask.

The guy from earlier is standing in the door way and I jump backwards but he already saw me, I drag Jade back to my room. Before I can ask her about my shorts she opens a draw and pulls them out, I put them on, my mind is racing. Does Jade know this guy? Her question answers mine.

"Who is that guy?"

"I don't know, I walked into him earlier but he didn't say anything."

Jade and I walk back out, his frown from earlier seems to have completely dissolved as he smiles, I don't return it.

"What are you doing here?" I ask impatient.

"Giving you back this," he holds out my earring stud, my hands fly to the top of my ears as my fingers discover the absence of my left earring. It's the first time I've heard his voice, he sounds australian but I can't be sure.

"Thanks," I say taking back my earring.

"Are you going to let me in or leave me to stand on the front doorstep all day?" He asks.

I don't move and he gets the idea, he sighs but doesn't leave, I wait until I put my earring in before I speak, "I don't even know you."

"Michael," he holds out his hand but I just look at it, "you shake it," he laughs but I don't.

"I'm sorry, I don't mean to be rude but we're busy, we're actually going soon," I say, trying to be nice, he smiles before leaving. Did he follow me home, he must've, how else would he know I live here. Jade drives to Olly's house. Even though it's four in the afternoon, people litter the front yard, some have passed out from all the alcohol. Inside it's even more crowded so this party must've stated last night. I have a few drinks before going on the dance floor, some guy comes up behind me so I start to grind on him, "I didn't know you'd be here." I turn around and to my horror it's Michael, I walk off but he follows me, I make the mistake of going into a corner and I'm trapped.

"I'm getting the impression you're avoiding me," Michael laughs.

"You don't say," he rolls his eyes at my attitude, "what do you want?"

"To have a good time, this is a party in case you missed the gist," he says, doing some ridiculous dance that makes me bite my lip to stop myself from laughing.