6

I sit up as soon as the sun shines through my window, the blinding light is warm on my skin, I pull myself from the comfort of my bed, I have a shower, massaging the vanilla shampoo into my hair, it's the first time I've washed my hair in a while, normally Harry or Niall does it while placing kisses on my back. I turn the shower off and get dry then dressed before towel drying my hair, the steam in the bathroom from the shower is really hot and I leave, not finishing my hair.

"I'm home and Jesy is here!" Jade calls out.

I walk out of the bathroom and hug Jesy, I talk to her and she tells me that Jade told her about Michael and his friends. Jade walks in with a smile playing on her lips, Jesy and I both exchange looks confused by her suspicious happiness, I slowly question what she is grinning at when Harry walks over to us.

"Hey Jesy, hey Jade," he smiles.

"But I though you were with Michael?" Jesy asks me.

"Doesn't mean we can't hang out as just friends," Harry says.

Jade's smile evaporates from her face, she must of thought I had slept with Harry since that's normally what happens on Tuesday nights. Harry goes out to his car to get his spare clothes, he comes back inside and uses my room to change, Jade gets a few things so she's ready to go.

We all walk up to the uni together, on campus no one comes near us, they all pick up their pace to get to their classes, the tattoos and piercings scare them off, all of my friends have a free on Wednesday in the middle except Louis but he usually skips to hang out with us.

"Hey Niall!" I call out and raise my hand to wave, his hair is now dyed a sea blue, his smile lights up and he waves back, he stops and waits near a few rooms, Liam walks out and smiles, they walk over and say hi. Next Leigh, Perrie and Zayn run over, laughing about something, we walk around talking about stuff.

"Where's Louis?" I ask and everyone laughs at his expense while Niall explains.

"They only let him move into the frat if he stops missing classes," everyone laughs again.

"So how's Michael?" Perrie asks with a cheeky grin.

"He's fine," I say, I don't really feel like talking about him in front of so many people.

"Who?" Liam asks.

"Michael, a guy I'm seeing," I explain, I realize only Liam and Leigh don't know about him, Harry mentioned he told Niall, Louis doesn't know about him but he isn't here. Perrie starts telling everyone about him, I'm glad that I don't have to.

"You should tell him to hang out with us," Leigh says.

"Yeah, I'll ask next time I see him," I promise.

"When did you see him last?" Perrie asks.

"Monday."

I haven't seen him in two days, I feel a bit worried, I saw him everyday since I met him but then he kind of disappears, I haven't heard from him, Ashton, Luke or Calum. I hope he's okay, he should be. A bell goes off and all these uni kids spill out of their classrooms, flooding the campus as some rush to get to their next classes, Liam, Zayn, Perrie and Jade go off to their classes, the rest are skipping. Louis walks over to us and sits down in between Niall and Harry, his eyes are bloodshot and have purple bags, his face tired and he looks like he is ten years older.

"You look horrible, what happened?" I ask.

"Parties and classes don't mix," he groans, "I haven't slept at all since Sunday."

When the next bell goes I say goodbye and walk home, I imagine Michael waiting for me at the front door and when he isn't I feel a little disappointed. I decide to clean up the apartment to distract myself from thinking about Michael, we always throw our stuff behind doors or in closets so it takes ages just to clean one room, I finish the kitchen after an hour. I sit down for a rest and Michael takes over my thoughts, I jump up and run to the living room to clean, there is tons of rubbish and magazines under the sofas. Jade gets home before I finish at 7:30, she makes me stop cleaning, I sit on the floor, Jade sits down next to me.

"What's wrong?" She asks, "you're cleaning."

"It's stupid," I say, trying to return to cleaning but she holds my arm and promises that she wont think I'm crazy, "I know I only met him but I can't stop thinking about Michael."

"Thats what happens to teenage girls," Jade says.

"It's stupid, I really miss him but I saw him two days ago."

"Once again, teenage girl, don't worry about it, he'll visit soon," Jade reassures me before going to reheat left over pizza for our dinner. I have two slices before returning to my room to read, the one thing I hate about my decision to leave school is that I hardly ever read poems, I'm in love with reading them. I fall asleep with the book dropped on my face.

I wake up later than usual on the third day of not seeing Michael, I've become so clingy all of a sudden and I don't like it, I hate the fact that he is taken over my mind, I can't do anything without thinking what he's doing and the worst past is I don't know where he is, where he lives, where he hangs out, what his number is, nothing, only that I miss him.

I get up and put on my best clothes, he'll come today. I sit in the kitchen, staring out the front door, each passing second tearing at my soul, each passing minute breaking my heart, each passing hour I wait, convinced he is walking around the corner. I get up and leave the apartment to walk to the uni, Harry is waiting as usual and I force a smile, he can tell it's fake but he choses not to question me, I'm thankful for that.

"Thanks," I smile as I pull myself out of his car after the silent drive to the bar.

Inside the strong smell of alcohol flames through me and I feel at ease, my shift continues into the dark hours of the night, I tell people to go at half past twelve, by one everyone has gone and I've packed up. I lock up and start walking home in the cool night air, I feel someone watching me, a shadow on the other side of the street, I'm terrified but I brush it off as it being dark and my mind is playing tricks. An hour later I get into bed and fall asleep, the feeling of being watched wears off as my dreams take over, dreams of Michael.

Charaters:

Jesy (Jessica) Nelson (Little Mix)

Leigh(-anne) Pinnock (Little Mix)

In this story their real names will just be Jesy and Leigh