9

I wake up with a start, I can't even remember falling asleep. Someone is knocking on the front door and I can't see Michael, he must've gone outside to do whatever and ended up locking himself out, I get up to open the door. Each step I take it makes me hold my breath, what if Michael left, what if Michael never was here and I imagined or dreamed it all? I walk slowly, I take a deep breath as I open the front door.

"Hi Lil," Ashton smiles.

"Ashton?" I ask, as if I was unsure if it was really him.

"Yeah," he breathes, as if my comment made him loose his breath.

Ashton's POV

"Yeah," I breathe after she asks if it's really me, it takes my breath away in more than one way. She can't remember me and has to ask too make sure it is me makes me sad and slightly shocked, she is making sure I'm really here. Her voice of sanity is addressing me, knowing I'm actually here sounds so good after a week, last time I talked to her she thought I was a hallucination so it didn't seem real to me either . Her, she leaves me breathless with her just saying my name.

"I haven't seen you in ages," she gushes, jumping, wrapping her arms around me and nuzzling her face into the crook of my neck. I stumble, surprised by her sudden action before I wrap my arms securely around her waist. She stays in my arms longer than considered normal for a friendly hug but I don't mind and when she does pull away it's way too soon but I let her go.

"I have to talk to you about something," I say slowly, not sure how to tell her.

"Come in," she says, moving to let me pass into the cooler room, I don't plan on staying too long so I just stand there, going over the words to say, I speak slowly, deciding which choice of words is better to use.

"It's about Michael," her expression becomes skeptical but I continue, "I tried to get him to stay away from you so I could protect you but it didn't work, he doesn't care about you, he just wants your body, he fucks girls for the fun of it, he's already been with two this week, I can't let him hurt you," her eyes burn with tears as she shakes her head, refusing to believe the truths I have told her.

"No, that's not true," she whispers, pain in her voice. She is so hard to read but when she is with Michael or is taking about him she becomes an open book, as if she lets her guard down.

"I'm sorry but it's true, after he has slept with you he'll forget you, treat you like dirt as he sneaks out, never to see you again," each word I say stings Lil, I see the pain swimming in her blue eyes. She flinches at the harsh truth, silently begging for the sweet lies.

"No, you're lying," she says, "you're lying to me!"

"I wish I was," I whisper.

"Get out!" She seethes, "get out of my apartment!"

"Lil, please," I beg, my heart aches at her harsh words.

"GET OUT!"

I leave, tears threatening to fall but I hold them back, it was then, when I left I knew. I love her, my heart accelerated when I saw her and was racing when I held her in my arms but now, leaving her my heart's beginning to brake.

I get a text from Luke, I wait for a moment, contemplating whether I can be bothered to check my phone but by habit, my fingers have already typed in my pass code and unlocked my phone so all I have to do is glance down to read his whole message.

*where are you? Calum and I have been waiting at your house forever, are you at that girls house having a threesome or something*

I reply as I get in my car.