Chapter Ten

**Disclaimer** I do not own any of the HP characters or any of the excerpts from the book.

Sunday morning, just as I stepped foot into the common room, I was bombarded by a head of red hair. "It was you wasn't it?" asked Fred, his eyes glistening with excitement.

"I have no idea what you're talking about." I said dryly. I shoved past Fred and a smile crept upon my face. 

"Don't lie to me! I know it was you who sent me the broom! Who else would've done it?" said Fred, following behind me closely.

I turned around to face him, and he nearly ran into me. "Suppose it was I who sent you the broom, what difference does it make?" I asked, an evil grin spreading across my face. That was a look I've never worn before. 

"The difference is you shouldn't be buying me a new broom! It's my own fault I broke mine!" Fred wined, this was unlike him. Normally he would accept any generous gifts.

I sighed heavily. "Look, Fred, it's fine. Really. Don't worry about it, okay?"

"How can you even afford this? It must've cost a load!" he exclaimed, I couldn't quite tell if he was happy or angry. I suspected a bit of both.

"It wasn't that expensive." I explained. I just wanted him to accept the broom, and move on.

"Asilla," Fred started, looking at me with serious eyes.

"Oh come off it, Fred. It's just a Comet 260. It's far better than your old Clean Sweep Seven anyways." I told him forcefully. 

"Fine. But I owe you." 

I smiled, happy with my success. 

"Wood is going to go mad when he sees it." Fred said with a laugh. 

"I don't know how he can deal with all this excitement of new brooms!" I joked back. The two of us laughed together. We both stopped at the same time, staring into each other's eyes. I dropped my jaw as if to say something, but no words came out.

Finally Fred spoke, "Well, should we get to breakfast then?" I nodded and we headed down to the Great Hall where we found our group of friends waiting for us. 

~~~~~

The next morning was the prank. Fred and George gave me a small purple tablet to slip into McLaggen's pumpkin juice. I was still a bit unsure about how to make Cormac believe I actually fancied him. But I still went with it. 

When we made our way to the Great Hall, I saw Cormac talking with two of his third year friends. Fred and George smiled at me, issuing for me to go over to the table. I sighed and slowly walked over to the three boys.

"Cormac McLaggen?" I asked sweetly, batting my eyelashes. I couldn't believe I was doing this.

"Yes," He grinned with pride. "And you're Asilla Williams, the most beautiful chaser Gryffindor house has ever seen." He flirted. Of course, when I wanted my cheeks to blush, the remained their usual tan color. 

I flashed him a smile instead, forcing a girlish giggle. I literally made myself want to puke. "I'm flattered that you know my name." I breathed, sticking my chest out a bit for full effect. I leaned down and whispered in his ear, "Maybe you'd like to know me a bit more." When I leaned back, I gave him a wink.

His eyes glistened as they looked up and down my body. He turned to his friends and gave them some sort of signal to leave. They obeyed. Perfect, now no one will see me slip the tablet into his drink.