Chapter Eighteen

**Disclaimer** I do not own any of the HP characters or anything from the book.

I couldn't find Harry that morning to warn him about today's events. I tried to see where he would be going, but our schedules seemed to clash so I was unable to make it to him. Now I had one last chance to catch him before he walked in on a scene that would not help the rumors going around.

"Harry!" I shouted as I saw him exiting the library, fuming. He seemed to have not heard me and kept walking. "Harry!" I shouted again.

He stopped and turned around. I ran up to him. "Harry, go straight to the common room. Don't go through any dark corridors or unfamiliar paths. Do you understand?" I said, my eyes wide.

"What do you mean?" He asked, looking at me strangely.

I looked around to make sure no one was around to hear. I leaned in and whispered to him, "There's been a double attack."

"What?" He asked, shocked at the news. He mouth was hanging open and his eyes filled with worry.

"Nearly Headless Nick and Justin Finch-Fletchley, if you get caught in the middle of that scene it's not going to look good for you. So please, don't go investigating. Go straight to the common room and stay there until the news is brought to you. Got it?" I repeated my instructions, really hoping that he would take me seriously. 

He nodded his head. "Yeah, okay. Thanks, Asilla." he said, giving a weak smile. He obviously had a thousand thoughts running through his head.

"No problem." I smiled back and allowed him to turn around and walk away. Now I could only hope that he would take my advice. 

I walked backwards a step, watching Harry go, only to bump into someone. I gasped lightly and turned around to see Percy standing there. "Oh, hello, Percy." I said. 

"Asilla," he said, nodding his head at me. "Have you seen the twins? I need to talk with them about our Christmas plans."

"I think they're in the common room." I told him.

"Thanks," he said, eyeing me suspiciously. He walked past me and I let out a breath I didn't realize I had been holding in.

I quickly darted the other direction up the stairs, and turned along another corridor. It was particularly dark, the torches had been extinguished and there was an icy draft coming from a loose windowpane. 

I stood at the other end, knowing what lay on the floor twenty feet in front of me. Suddenly, I saw Peeves slipping through the air. "ATTACK! ATTACK! ANOTHER ATTACK! NO MORTAL OR GHOST IS SAFE! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES! ATTAAAACK!" He shouted at the top of his lungs.

There was a series of crashes and multiple doors flew open, people rushing out. Professor McGonagall used her wand to set off a loud bang, restoring silence. The scene cleared quickly, but Ernie Macmillan arrived, panting.

"Caught in the act!" He yelled, his face white, pointing his finger at Harry. I muttered a few curse words under my breath, angry at Harry for disobeying me. 

Harry looked over at me, he seemed to be trying to say something, but couldn't find the words. He was scared, he knew he messed up. I shook my head at him, turned, and walked away.

I stomped all the way to the common room. I climbed through the portrait hole and found Fred, George, and Percy talking together. "Oi! Asilla!" Fred said, noting my entrance. He then realized that something was wrong. "What's happened?"

"There's been a double attack." I started.

"What?" Percy exclaimed.

"On who?" George asked.