23 - Sad Rain

It was raining. Hyunjin stood alone, waiting for his mother to come pick him up at the school. Few minutes later, his mother still did not come, so he decided to walk through the heavy rain. Then, he saw a girl who was wearing black outfit, standing alone beside the gate.

As Hyunjin continued to walk, just then, the girl noticed him. “Hey,” she called Hyunjin. Hyunjin stopped and looked at the girl. “Why are you walking through the heavy rain without umbrella?” the girl asked Hyunjin. Hyunjin just stared at her without saying any words.

“Come here,” the girl ordered Hyunjin to come over. Hyunjin just followed her order.

“You must like the rain that much, am I right?” the girl said to Hyunjin. “Yes, I do like the rain so much. When I play in the rain, I feel happy.” Hyunjin replied. “Me too. But for me, whenever it’s raining, I feel sad. I don’t know why, but I just feel sad.” the girl told Hyunjin.

“What’s your name?” Hyunjin asked for the girl’s name. “I…don’t have a name,” the girl answered. “But how I’m going to call you if you don’t have a name? Hmm…I think I know what to call you. Then, let me call you ‘Seul Bi’ from now on.” Hyunjin said to the girl.

“Seul Bi?” the girl asked. “Yeah, Seul Bi. Because you said that the rain makes you feel sad,” Hyunjin explained about why he decided to call the girl with that name.

Seul Bi. Derived from the word ‘seulpeun bi’, means sad rain in Korean language. Seulpeun means sad, bi means rain.

“Don’t you want to know my name?” Hyunjin asked the girl. “No, because I don’t want to know your name.” the girl answered in a cold tone.

“I have to go now, seems like the rain is going to stop pouring down.” the girl said to Hyunjin. “Then how are we going to meet again?” Hyunjin asked. “You will see me again, whenever there is a heavy rain.” the girl answered while smiling to him.

//skip//

Blink University, 6 years later.

The rain pours heavily. There is a guy who is standing alone…looks like he is waiting for someone to pick him up at his faculty. He is Kang Hyunjin. Few minutes later, there is another guy who appears beside him. His name is Choi Jihoon.

“You know what, the rain still makes me feel sad.” says Jihoon. Hyunjin looks at his boyfriend in disbelief. He is shocked after he hears what Jihoon has told him.

“I was lying when I told you that I don’t have a name. Actually, I do have a name. My name is Choi Luna,” Jihoon tells Hyunjin his real name. Then he continues, “I didn’t want to know your name because I already knew your name back then, Kang Hyunjin.”

(A/N: You won’t understand. So don’t understand.)

“So you’re…Seul Bi?” Hyunjin finally asks Jihoon to make sure that he is the ‘girl’ he met 6 years ago. “A Soul Reaper is not allowed to tell any human his or her name, that was the reason why I didn’t tell you my name at that time.”  Jihoon tells the reason why he did not tell his name to Hyunjin back then.

‘You were supposed to die on that day. But because you’re my sister’s best friend, I let you go.’ Jihoon thought to himself while looking at Hyunjin.

-the end-

Cast:-

Tee Thanapon Jarujitranon as Kang Hyunjin

Tae Darvid Kreepolrerk as Choi Jihoon

Hwang Hyunjin as young Hyunjin

Kim Heejung as Choi Luna/Seul Bi

(recommended song: Grow Up by Stray Kids)