21 - I Could Not Believe My Eyes

I could not believe my eyes. I saw my dead ex-girlfriend walk in front of me. She had passed away because of the horrible accident a couple of months ago. That time was actually my bad time and I thought I was going to commit suicide because I was in love with her. Although she had passed away my wonderful memory of her was still clear in my mind.

After I had seen the person, I kept thinking of her again and again. "She is a ghost?" queried my heart suddenly. "But I do not believe in ghost," I said proudly. Then, I saw the clock and it was already 12.30 a.m. I was like an owl still unable to sleep. Suddenly, I heard a strange, quiet and scary voice. The voice really made my hair stand and my muscles contract. My heart was beating very fast. The voice calm myself. I closed my eyes while thinking of God and finally slept.

"Kringggg," my alarm clock rang loudly. "Oh mon dieu. The voice is really annoying," I said in French. Then I woke up and I felt release because the voice did not bother me too long the night before. I decided to go out that morning. I went to Mid Valley Megamall with my best friend to go shopping. In a garment store, suddenly I saw my ex-girlfriend's 'ghost' again. I made the first move. I went to her and I started a conversation with her. I told everything about my ex-girlfriend.

After that, all my questions were answered by the girl. She was actually my ex-girlfriend's cousin named Jessica. I face through her. Then, I invited her to join me and my best friend. We all had a wonderful time together.

Day by day, my relationship with Jessica became closer. I believed my feelings towards her became stronger. I had fallen in love with her like a bug had found a perfect flower. After three days, I decided to tell Jessica about my decision.

I invited Jessica to have dinner with me that day at a restaurant nearby. While we enjoyed our meal, I told her about my feelings towards her. I knew it was not going to be a piece of cake. Moreover, I had cold feet. Then, she looked shocked as if she had just seen a ghost. I waited for her answer and a few minutes later, she finally relieved my nerves. She accepted me to be a part of her life. I felt over the moon.

Years rolled by I was going to have a baby. Believe it or not, I had married Jessica and we were having a baby girl in a short time. Two days later, the baby was born and I named her Soojin. Finally, I have a perfect life and we live happily as in a fairytale love story.

-fin-

(source: school magazine)