Chapter 26: Whatever It Takes

Jeremy POV 

"Klaus!! We need your help!!" Shouted Caroline which I barely heard over the witches chanting. The goopy mixture they'd made was starting to bubble and it reminded me of some bad cartoon or whatever. "Nooo!! Jeremy don't go please!!" I heard her shout as she entered the darkened room, only lite by the candles the witches are using the the spell. 

I ignored her in favour of the witch in the centre of the circle who was stirring the mixture as it bubbled. I couldn't hear what the witches were properly saying as they weren't chanting in time so it was all jumbled up. 

"et mitte ibi est vita aeterna pugna valida!! et mitte ibi est vita aeterna pugna valida!!" And the liquid went up in flames as they finished chanting. "Drink" Said the hwad witch who handed me the bowl with the mixture which I took and drank the foul looking liquid, which actually didn't taste that bad. "And now you die" Said the witch bringing out a sharp old looking blade but she stopped with a surprised look on her face before she could move any closer to me with the knife. 

Looking down I saw a chairnleg in her chest just before she dropped to the floor dead and the orjerbwirches followed with the candles dying out as they dropped. 

"Oh my god Jeremy!!" I heard Elena shout and I felt her arms around my shoulder but I was stunned staring into the dead eyes of the witch. "Your okay everything is fine" she said to me and I could hear the relief in her voice. 

"No it's not" I Said and I started to walk away. I walked past the people I used to care about and up the stairs of the house. I got to the room where I saw Rebekah folding the clothes I was just wearing and she looked over stunned. 

"What happened? Your suppose to be in Ancient Rome right about now" She asked stunned whilst I took off my armour and put normal clothes back on and I'd just finished changing when Bonnie entered the doorway. "Oh of course it's you lot!" Rebekah shouted in indignation throwin her hands into the air in astonishment. "Why do you always ruin people's lives when all they want us to be happy?!!" She shouted as I made my way past Bonnie who tried to get me to stop so she could explain. 

"Explain what Bonnie?!! That you ruin my chance at getting home, that you've caused me nothing but pain!! First you sent me to Rome sent me away from my family and then when I'd found a new, better family and I was the happiest I'd ever been you took that away from me too and now you've taken away my chance to get that back, so what do you have to explain?" I Shouted my voice lowering to a dangerous level as I moved closer to the teenage girl standing over her, intimidating her. 

"What about Elena?" She said in a hard voice but the fear and hope was clear to see. 

"What about Titia and Elvorix? What about Mettius and Mamercus? What about Servius and Baebia? They need me more" I Said to the teenage Bitch whoops I mean witch. 

"So we mean nothing to you?" Asked a small voice from behind me. Turning I saw the girl who reminded me of my daughter, Elena. 

"Not a thing" I said before I continued on my walk and started to walk outside of the Mikaelson house picking up a random pair of car keys as I walked past. When I got outside I clicked the button on the keys to open the car. Seeing the lights flash I made my way over to the black Range Rover and got into the drivers seat. 

Turning the car on I quickly reversed the car so I could drive it down the ridiculously long driveway. I saw Elena and all her friends pouring out of the house and I heard their screams for me to wait and I saw Caroline smartly head over to her car. 

I started to make my way along the deserted streets of Mystic Falls until I arrived at my destination.