The Final Countdown

//AN// Hey guys! I hope you are enjoying the story so far! Like I said in the beginning, this book isn't going to have too much drama but when I write another story they will be crazier. But I promise things will start to speed up and heat up ; ) in a little bit.

-----------

Millies pov

I sighed and threw myself on my bed and brought my hands up to my face.

"AHHHHHHH!" I yelled out in frustration. I heard a stumble from the bathroom and Finn bust out of the door with only a towel wrapped around his waist.

"Millie! Are you ok!" he yelled water still dripping off of his body and his hair lay flat on his head. 

"Uh, yeah, sorry I'm just stressed about finals," I said shrugging and picking up more papers off of my bed. 

"Well uh how about after we can take a break, go get a bite at that cafe we saw the other night and then we can come back and study together," he offered.

"Sounds amazing," I said with a smile. the most amazing guy in the world likes me. I mean he jumped out of the shower because he heard me yell.

I jumped off of my bed and began to brush out my hair. I walked into my closet and grabbed a white long sleeved button down and a coral skirt. I picked out some tan ballet flats and applied a light layer of makeup, concealer, powder, blush, mascara, and highlight. 

"You know you don't need any of that," Finn said with a laugh as he stepped out of the bathroom with another towel wrapped around his waist.

"I know," I said with a wink, "I'm not trying to impress anyone, I do it for me," 

"Let me get changed and then we can head out sound good?" he asked.

"Of course," I said and smiled.

I sat at the end of my bed staring at him as he picked out clothes, only his towel covering him up showing off the defined muscles on his arms and back.

"See something you like?" he asked with a smirk.

"You wish Wolfhard," I replied.

"Ok then Brown, turn around this isn't a peep show," he said with a wink before I turned my back to him. 

"Ok, let's go," he said as he buttoned up the last buttons on his light blue button up.

"We can take my dad's car again!" I said grabbing his keys out of the bowl since my mom and dad were doctors they spent lots of time at seminars and symposiums out of town. Ava usually stayed with my grandma, but I just stayed home alone because I hated to miss school and I can drive. 

I climbed over the door and into the driver's seat and Finn plopped down into the seat beside me. I plugged my phone into the aux and pressed "Sweet Mary," by Weezer.

"Let's get ready to rumble!" Finn said sticking both of his hands out of the white convertible as we took off down the street.

We drove downtown and pulled into a parking spot a few doors down from The Geranium Cafe, a small coffee shop that we had discovered the night of our first unofficial date.

"I will have a grande vanilla latte, oh uh with a sprinkle of cinnamon, and a blueberry muffin please," I told the barista then stepped to let Finn order.

"Can I have a Carmel macchiato and a lemon muffin please," he asked before handing her his card.

"Finn you really don't have to pay for everyth-" I started.

"It wouldn't be a proper date if I didn't," he said and smiled as he signed the receipt.

"Oh, so we're dating now Wolfhard?" I asked in a sultry voice before taking a sip of my drink.

"So what if we were?" he said and winked and grabbed his drink.

We walked up the steep steps into the second story loft that overlooked the rest of the town since the small cafe stood on top of a fairly tall hill. It was still fairly early in the morning, around 7  on a Sunday, so the streets stood fairly still, only a few shops had opened and only a few cars drove through the streets. The song Wonderwall softly played over the speakers.

"Our town is so pretty before everyone wakes up," I said and sighed looking over the streets, and how the buildings began to glow as the early morning sunbeams hit them. I had always lived in the suburbs of Hawkins, and even though in the heart we had a small city that sat at the edge of the Ohio River, my life had always existed out in the neighborhoods and never in the city.

"It sure is," Finn said with a smile and grabbed my hand 

"I really like this place, I'm sure glad we found it the other night," I said with a laugh.

"I'm just happy I got to spend the whole night with you," Finn said with a smile. 

I love his smile, it seemed to brighten any room he walked into. And his laugh, oh my goodness his laugh, it poured out of him like honey, thick and sweet. It made me want to drop to my knees. 

"Me too," I replied and lay my head on his shoulder. I really felt a spark whenever I was with him,

"Millie?" he asked.

"Yeah?" I said and closed my eyes as the slowly rising sun hit us from through the large window.

"I really like you," he said and wrapped his arm around my shoulders.

"So I've been told," I said before we made eye contact.  We both leaned in and closed our eyes. Our lips connected and fit together like two pieces of a puzzle. His lips, soft and sweet, slid along mine until we pulled away to catch our breath. 

"You taste sweet, like vanilla," he said and laughed as I took another sip of my drink, leaving behind a foamy mustache.

"And you Wolfhard, feel like everything I've been needing," I said and grabbed the collar of his shirt, pulling him in once again. 

------------

//AN// Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed this chapter! I've been really feeling the pain of not having any new ST content and its not fun : ( Anywayyyy I hope you're having a beautiful day/night wherever you are in the world!

Stay Strange! xoxo J