Waiting Game (Chapter 4)

With a sigh Arcadia wandered back towards her tour bus, feet dragging slightly. She ran her plan through her head a few times, absently fiddling with her lengthy hair and chewing her bottom lip. Once she reached her bus she looked over it, quickly admiring the black band logo clear on the side right next to the words "The Rat City Experiment" written in matt black spray paint.

A smile spread across her face as she looked over the other busses, blue eyes skipping over all the different colour combinations: blue and red, white and blue, black and yellow- one caught her attention. Black and red. She furrowed her eyebrows and started to walk over to it... what band could it be? Mentally she went over the list of bands currently on tour, she went down the mental list and stopped as she saw the bus in full view.

Palaye Royale.

Arcadia hummed and tilted her head at the symbol on the side. Her gaze followed the curves and lines of the logo making her slightly dizzy.

"Hey."

She knew that voice-

"Sebastian..?" her eyes lit up as she saw his face through the window, his lips curved upward into a slight smile. She heard another voice although it was slightly fainter.

"Hey Seb, who're ya talking to?"

At the comment from the other male voice Sebastian's face fell into a scowl and he turned to face away from the window.

"Excuse me miss..." Sebastian muttered and gave Arcadia an apologetic glance before walking off to talk to the voice. Despite his absence Arcadia stayed in place, rocking back and forth on her feet. She wanted to talk to him more; to know more about him and his band. While she waited she pulled her phone out of her pocket and made a note of Sebastian's band name. Palaye Royale. It was quite soothing to say even in her mind.

After a few minutes Sebastian stepped out of the bus with a shallow sigh. He looked even more attractive now that she wasn't hissing in pain, his floral shirt paired with black slacks formed butterflies in her stomach. He cast a subtle smile at Arcadia and tucked his hands into his pockets.
"Arcadia right?" He questioned politely and Arcadia nodded in response, "what brings you to my bus hmm?" He raised an eyebrow and pursed his lips.

"I was just looking around and... this one caught my attention.. I liked the colours..." She spoke shakily, twisting her fingers around each other.

"I see," he started "and which one is yours miss?"

She blushed slightly at being called 'miss', she had never really been into nicknames and such, every time her past partners had given them to her she had never paid it any attention, but every time Sebastian said anything to her she loved it more and more. A smile spread across her cheeks.

"The black and white one further down the line. It has my band name of the side." She spoke as confidently as she could.

"I don't know what your band is called little miss." he chuckled softly.

She flushed pink with embarrassment. Of course he wouldn't know... you never told him you idiot.

"Its.. Its called The Rat City Experiment... we're an all LGBT group- I mean it was accidental! Like a coincidence, we all knew each other before coming out and stuff.." She stuttered unsure of why she told him all that.

"That sounds rather interesting, I look quite forward to seeing your group play. Speaking of which, what instrument do you play?" He asked with genuine interest, a small smile consistent on his pink lips.

"I play bass and do backup vocals! I can also play electric guitar though, but my band has enough of those if I'm honest." She laughed softly in slight nervousness if nothing else.

"I can't wait to hear you play now, you see I play guitar too. My band is only me and my two younger brothers. They're little pains in the ass but I love them both dearly." Damn. That might have been the widest most genuine smile she had ever seen.

"Aww thats adorable! Though it must be hard to constantly be so close to them all the time-"

"SEBASTIAN- FUCK- GET YOUR ASS OVER HERE!" A relatively deep voice called out interrupting her suddenly.

"For fucks sake," Sebastian muttered, "I have to go but i promise to see you again miss.." Elegantly he took a gentle hold of Arcadias hand and pressed a soft kiss to her knuckles. With that he stepped back into the bus.

She wanted to return that kiss. Badly. But it seems the waiting game was on.