Listening (Chapter 6)

A soft static filled the bus as the record player came to an abrupt stop. This sudden change in atmosphere startled Arcadia, making her sit up straight and shiver slightly. Lazily she turned the machine off and slipped the vinyl disk back into its sleeve and put it with the rest of Emmies collection. It was quite impressive, old 50's records such as Chuck Berry, some 60's including The Beatles and Rolling Stones, a wide variety of 80's records like Little Angels, AC/DC and Metallica and their more recent releases such as Panic! At The Disco and Paramore.

Dragging herself away from the vast amount of music in front of her blue eyes, she sat back on Emmies bunk and thought it might be a good idea to listen to some of Sebastians music. If she was so mesmerised by him then listening to his music would be very important. After the thought struck her she wasted no time and clicked on the youtube app then typed in Palaye Royale. Humming softly she looked through the lists of songs and videos and one caught her eye... Ma Cherie.

The image for the video made her pause for an instant... The Corpse Bride? It was one of her favourite movies but she wouldn't have expected for someone to use clips of it for a music video. Curiosity peaking she clicked on it and listened.

As the song ended she could feel her whole body tingle and her jaw was tight. Fuck. That was beautiful. She had to listen to it again. She had to.

After her third listening she had written down the chords, drum beats and lyrics to Ma Cherie. She knew she was on tour with him but... damn she wanted to cover it and she wanted him to hear her. Her chest felt strained at the idea of Sebastian seeing her play his music... or even better his instrument. Of course, bass guitar was her favourite thing to play ever, she was practically dating the thing but the mere prospect of Sebastian watching her play an electric guitar made her stomach fill with butterflies. What if she sang?

She smiled wide. She had only ever sang back up vocals, and on rare occasions a small segment of a song to herself so singing lead was a little intimidating but... fuck would it be worth it to see his face.

She messaged her band group chat, named "Motley-er Crue" by Jace, and posted the lyrics and music sheets. The texting commenced.

Anthony: cute. whats it for tho

Jace: mhmmm trying to impress ya boyfriend Cady~~~??

Arcadia: Not my boyfriend dipshit. Just wanna preform one of his songs..

Chris: WAIT!!!

Arcadia: wot now

Chris: WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU GRAFTING???

Arcadia: Im not grafting!

Jaycoby: Children behave, or I will kick you off the bus and make you sleep outside.

Emmie: uhmmm ngl Cady that song is really cute... Im waiting for your laundry to dry and u made me tear up.

Arcadia: So can we play it????

Anthony: Yea i want to

Chris: If it means u will stop complaing about being single, im in.

Jace: fuck yeah! My voice will suit more than Emmies.

Emmie: HEY! Just because its true doesnt mean u need to say it >:(

Arcadia: About that.

Arcadia: I wanna play Lead guitar and do lead vocals.

The chat went silent for a moment.

Anthony: Alright.. I can see that working. Since im usually lead guitar you can use mine. Jace and I will play rhythm and Chris... ;)

Chris: I GET TO PLAY BASS AGAIN!!!

Before Arcadia had joined the band Chris was the original bassist. He was fantastic and played like he was in a 70's punk band but after they all heard Arcadia play they knew her style was more suited for the band. Her style was more relaxed and funk based, her bass lines always low and twangy and thus overall pleasing to the band.

Jaycoby: Ill drum as usual.

Arcadia: Sorted! We can trade our cover of Dragula for it if thats ok???

Anthony: Yea but next preformance i wanna play Dragula so get ready! >:0

A smile spread across her face. This was gonna be fun.

AN// Sorry for the lame chapter I just needed a calm set up chapter because hopefully the next one is gonna be the concert! :D
AN 2// I had to do some editing sorry, if Ive missed anything feel free to correct me haha 

AN3// FUCK MORE EDITS UUUGH