Playing At Last. (chapter 7)

It was around about 4 o'clock in the afternoon when The Rat City Experiment was set to play. All their guitars, ukuleles and basses were tuned and everyone was comfortably dressed. Everyone but Arcadia of course.

She sat still whilst Emmie and Jaycoby worked on her makeup. Emmie finishing off her nails and making damn sure they didn't spill any more of the blue liquid and Jaycoby was working on her face.

"You know Cady... A bit of glitter would look deadly on you.." Jaycoby smiled, eyes barely viable through his fake eyelashes yet she could tell his gaze was soft and reassuring.

"Be my guest Jay! Maybe a gold or a blue?" Arcadia piped up. It was well known that besides music, glitter was her lover. Back at her mums house in Greece she had even put glittery wallpaper in her room. She was slightly obsessed.

"Gold glitter, blue eye shadow." Jay confirmed with confidence and quickly applied what he had stated and finished her eyes off with a little flick of winged eyeliner. "Such a cutie.." He cooed.

"Yep. Your quite adorable." Emmie chimed in, a smile perking up their face.

Arcadia just rolled her eyes with a smirk, her band loved to spoil each other with compliments, they had always thought it was important to set a good mood for live shows, everything ran smoother when Jace and Chris weren't trying to murder each other.

Trying to finish her makeup as quickly as possible Jay applied a small amount of gold highlight on her cheeks and nose and finished off with dark blue matt lipstick.

"Gorgeous." Jay stated, admiring his makeup skills. He practiced daily, a full face of pure gothic makeup was not easy to do every morning but hey. He was dedicated to his goth aesthetic.

Content with her makeup and outfit she checked her phone for the time- 3:45. An idea popped into her head. She knew that Sebastian- Palaye Royale would would be playing after her so she made her way over to one of her roadies and one of her best friends.

"Duncan..?" Arcadia questioned, running her fingers through the taller males long copper red hair, it reached his hips, forming soft waves in the process. The two of them had been close ever since they had first met in England. Arcadia was playing one of her first gigs, at the time playing solo at bars, strumming away at her ukulele or guitar. Duncan had taken an interest in her and after her set, the Scotsman offered a drink. The friendship was practically instant, chatting about comedians, bands and artists. Duncan was an artist, it was how he paid his bills, so Arcadia commissioned multiple pieces of art from him including a logo for her performances.

"Aye darlin'?" He questioned with a smirk.

"There's a boy I want you to talk to."

"Cady I've told you... I aint gay."

"No no... I like him Gingey."

"Right... Why're ye tellin' me?" He rolled his mellow green eyes at the nickname Arcadia had adopted for him.

"Can you fetch him for me please..? I umm... I want him to see me play. His name is Sebastian, hes with a band called Palaye Royale." She replied, hands still toying with his mass of brilliant red hair.

"Aye alright, not a problem, I'll make sure you're all set up and shite then I'll go get him." He sighed slightly, looking her in the eye. "Cady are you sure you're ready for another relationship? Are..Are you sure your over Nicki-"

"Yes." She snapped. "I'm over her. Its been 3 months."

"Ok ok sorry...." He rested a hand on her shoulder, trying to calm her down. "I didn't mean to upset you.. just don't want ye gettin' hurt again."