Up River

Becky's POV

"No worries Becky, Tia Dalma and I go way back" Dad assures me. "Thick as thieves. Nigh inseparable we are. Were. Have been. Before" he mutters.

"I've got your back" Gibbs tells him.

"It's Becky and my front I'm worried about" Dad states.

"Mind the boat" I tell Gibbs as I follow my dad into the shack.

"Jack and Becky Sparrow" a woman with dreadlocks says smiling as she stands up.

"Tia Dalma" dad says.

"I always know de wind was goin' blow you both back to me one day" Tia Dalma says smiling. "You've grown since you were last here Becky, last time you were. I was delivering you" she states.

"So you knew my mum?" I ask her.

"Of course" she says and then looks behind us. "You have a touch of destiny about you, William Turner" she states. As she approaches him.

"You know me?" he asks her confused.

"You want to know me" she tells him.

"There'll be no knowing here" dad states getting in between the two. "We've come for help and we're not leaving without it" he tells Tia. "I thought I knew you" he adds.

"Not as well as I would hope, come" she says walking away from Will.

"Come" dad tells the crew and I.

"What... service... may I do you? Hmmm?" Tia asks Will before turning to dad. "You know I demand payment" she tells him.

"We brought payment" I assure her putting the cage with Jack in it onto the table. "An undead monkey" I tell her. Tia lets him out saying the payment was fair.

"We're looking for this. And what it goes to" Will states showing Tia the drawing of the key.

"The compass you battered from me, it can't lead you to this?" Tia demands of dad.

"Maybe why?" dad asks.

"Your key goes to a chest and it's what lies inside the chest you seek, aye?" Tia asks us.

"What is inside it?" I ask her tilting my head.

"Gold, Jewels, unclaimed property of a valuable nature?" Pintel asks.

"Nothing bad I hope" Ragetti states.

"You know of... Davy Jones, yes? A man of de sea. A great sailor, until he ran afoul of dat which vex all men" Tia explains.

"What vexes all men?" Will and I ask her confused.

"The sea" Gibbs replies.

"Sums" Pintel offers.

"Dichotomy of good and evil" Ragetti says.

"A woman" dad tells us.

"A woman, did he fall in love?" I ask curious.

"No, I heard it was the see he fell in love with" Gibbs states.

"Same story, different versions, and all are true. See, it was a woman, as changing, and harsh, and untamable as the sea. Him never stopped loving her. But the pain it cause 'im was too much to live with. But not enough to cause him to die" Tia explains.

"What exactly did he put into the chest?" Will asks her.

"Him heart" she answers and I try to hide my disgust. Who cuts out their own heart and places it into a chest. That's totally barbaric. And I was just on an island of cannibals. When I tune back into the conversation Tia asked to see Dad's hand. She unwraps his left and I see an ugly black spot on my dad's palm.

"The black spot!" Gibbs exclaims. He quickly wipes his hands on his chest, spins around once to the left, and spits.

"The black spot!" Pintel and Ragetti exclaim before copying Gibbs actions. Making me giggle. Tia goes to an other room and comes back with a jar of dirt.

"Davy Jones cannot make port. Cannot step on land but once every ten years. Land is where you are safe, Jack Sparrow. And so you will carry land with you" Tie tells him.

"Dirt, this is a jar of dirt" dad states.

"Yes" she tells him.

"Is the jar of dirt going to help?" Dad and I ask her.

"If you don't want it, give it back" Tia tells dad. He says 'no' holding the jar to his chest. "Then it helps" she says smiling as she sits back down.

"Looks like we have a need to find the Flying Dutchman" Will tells her.

"A touch of destiny" Tia states dropping some crab claws.

"I know where that is Jack, I'll chart a course when we return to the Pearl" Gibbs tells dad.

"Good man, Becky can I talk to in private?" dad asks and I agree. We go outside where Cotton was still minding the boat. "Becky I want you to stay here with Tia Dalma" he tells me.

"But I want you go with you Daddy" I tell him.

"I know you do, but where we're going isn't safe for teen. What sort of father would I be if I put you in danger?" he asks me.

"Not a good one, but what makes this different from the other times? Is Davy Jones really that terrible?" I ask him.

"Yes and I fear he may try to take you away from me" he states. "Please stay here with Tia Dalma. We'll be back in a week the latest" he tells me.

"Ok, be safe and keep Will safe" I say hugging him. The others come out and I hug them all before they leave. Once they were out of sight I reenter the shack.

"How would you like to have your uncle Hector back?" Tia asks me.

"I'd love to have him back"  I tell her.

"Then you can help me" she says smiling.

A/N

Picture above of Tia Dalma's shack.