Chapter 23

The bright rays of sunshine coming through the thin curtains woke me the morning after the party. I was wrapped around Luke like a koala bear and I'm sure he must've been really uncomfortable but he hadn't tried to wake me. I looked up at his face, so peaceful. His eyes closed and his lips slightly parted, his breathing steady in the silence of the hotel room.

I smiled to myself. His thick dark blonde eyelashes stuck out in all directions. I reached out and touched them softly, counting each one of them, careful not to wake him. God he's perfect. His nose was long and slender and I had never noticed how cute it was. The tops of his cheeks were scattered with tiny freckles that were only visible if you were right next to his face. I liked that. It was like I was the only person in the world who got to see them. So I spent my morning looking at him. Discovering new little features that I had never notices before. Savouring every glorious moment that I could just stare at his beautiful face.

Eventually, his eyelids fluttered and his breathing hitched and his eyes opened momentarily. The first thing he did was smile at me. His arms tightened around me and he pulled me closer, if that was even possible.

"Morning" he mumbled into my hair. I smiled and greeted him with a kiss on his nose which made him laugh lightly. His long legs tangled with mine and we laid there for a while, not speaking but the silence was beautiful.

"Where did the others go last night?" I asked him, running my fingers through his hair.

"They have rooms down the hall". He sat up a bit and winced, his fingers rubbing circles on his temples. "My head" he groaned. I smiled and got out of bed. I walked over to my purse which had some aspirin and a bottle of water. I came back and handed them to Luke. "Thank you" he swallowed them and left the bottle on the bedside table. He threw his arm around my shoulder and I snuggled into him, not yet ready to get out of bed.

"What do you wanna do today?" He asked me. I thought about it. There was really nothing I'd rather do than stay in this position all day long.

"This" i admitted smiling up at him and he rolled his eyes kissing me on the lips. I kissed back and my hand found the back of his neck, holding it tightly so he couldn't pull away. His hands grabbed my hips which were still sore from last night and pulled them so I was straddling him. The kiss was long, and slow and lazy.

"Alexa?" Luke said, my lips still attached to his.

"Mmm" i replied, distracted by his tongue inside my mouth.

"I think I should shower" he mumbled, not stopping. I pulled away and nodded.

"Yeah ok" i agreed. "I'll go after". Luke raised an eyebrow.

"Or we could take one together?" He suggested cheekily. I rolled my eyes at him. I realised I was wearing nothing but a huge black Rolling Stones T-shirt. I walked into the bathroom and went to close the door, so I could shower. I was far from the confident girl who had basically stripped for her boyfriend last night. I closed it over and turned on the shower so a steady stream of hot water came out. I pulled the T-shirt over my head and looked in the mirror. My makeup was smudged and my curls were messy.

I stepped under the water and gasped in appreciation as the steamy water soaked me. I grabbed a little bottle of green hotel shampoo and dumped it into my palm. I plopped it onto my head and scrubbed it through, creating a white sudsy lather. I rubbed my scalp, streaks of foamy shampoo crawling down my hair. Then I felt something on my hip. A hand.

"LUKE!" I screamed almost jumping out of my skin. I smacked his arm and he laughed. I forgot to be embarrassed for a minute and then remembered, my cheeks turning pink.

"Hey" he said his hand on my arm. "Stop being embarrassed. It's me". He smiled and looked into my eyes. I cringed but he had made me feel better. "I love you" i told him and he nodded.

"I know. Wash my hair". I squirted a blob of shampoo onto his head. I stood on my tiptoes to try and rub it in but in the end he had to bend down so I could reach it better. I washed his hair, careful not to get any soap in his pretty eyes. When it was all rinsed out, i rinsed mine too and I turned the water off. I reached out and grabbed a towel, wrapping it like a dress around my body. Luke did the same, around his waist.

"That was...relaxing" i laughed. He pulled my hips against his and i winced. He gave me a worried look. He pulled my towel up and looked at my hips, which had fresh purple bruises on them.

"Shit" he said to me. "I'm so sorry". He shook his head in disbelief. His fingers traced the bruises softly his eyes wide.

"It's fine Luke you didn't mean to" i assured him. "We just got... Carried away". I tried to make a joke out of it but Luke still looked horrified. I lifted his chin so he had to look me in the eyes. "Really Luke".

"I know. I just don't want to hurt you.... Ever" he said it so seriously, his eyes filled with guilt. I pulled his head close to mine.

"I know".

I pulled on a pair of underwear and a pink bra and sat back onto the chair beside the window. He slid yet another pair of black Calvin Klein boxers on and sat beside me.

"I'm starving" i told him and he grinned.

"Me too" he agreed. "Have i mentioned how perfect we are together?". I laughed at that because he hadn't before and it was cute to hear him say it.

"Can we go and get some breakfast somewhere?" I suggested. I realised that the last thing I has eaten was pizza with Michael last night. My stomach was grumbling.

"Yeah and coffee. This hangover is fucking terrible" he squeezed his eyes shut and groaned again. We got dressed then, me in a pair of denim shorts and a black tank top and him in his usual skinny jeans and a blink T-shirt. I slipped into my vans and we packed up our stuff. Then we left.

"Should we ask the others if they want to come?" I asked Luke but he just smirked.

"I don't think so babe" he laughed at me. I gave him a confused look. "They all brought girls home last night. I don't think Camilla will be joining us for croissants and lattes". I cringed thinking about Calum bringing her back to his hotel. Cal has had girlfriends before but the thoughts of him brining her back and knowing his intentions made me feel weird. I pushed the thought out of my mind as we walked into the lobby of the hotel.

"There might be Paps" he warned me. I nodded. I hate them. Nothing would change that. But I was trying to get used to them. For Luke's sake.

His hand grabbed mine and held it as we walked out the door. Sure enough, a few men holding gigantic cameras were waiting for us and snapped a few pics as we walked. Thankfully though, they didn't follow us as we kept walking. We eventually lost them and we were alone again. He didn't let go of my hand though.

"I know you hate that... I'm sorry" he said quietly. I didn't have to reply. I just squeezed his hand tight and he kissed the top of my head. We passed some buildings and eventually got to a little café. We walked inside and my nostrils were filled with the warm smell of freshly baked bread.

I sat at a table with two chairs and Luke came over a while later, carrying a tray with two mugs of coffee and two plates with pancakes. It was really good food and the coffee cured what was left of our headaches. After we finished we walked back outside.

"What do you want to do now?" He asked me. "We have all day free. Just you and me".

"Let's take a walk. Just explore this place. We never get to do that" i shrugged and he smiled.

"Sounds good".

Authors note:

Hey guys just wanted to say thanks again for reading :) i love reading all your lovely comments on every chapter and seeing what you thought of it :) I'll keep writing as long as you keep reading ;) much love x