Chapter 29

LUKES P.O.V

I pulled up in my car outside the arena we would be playing in that night in Chicago. I had decided not to join the others back on the bus and to drive myself to Chicago instead. Needless to say I was exhausted. I had been driving for hours and had a show to do in a few hours time. I had been wearing the same clothes for 2 days except for changing my shirt into a plain white T-shirt which i found in the back of the car. I wasn't worried about that though. The only thing i was worried about was being reunited with Alexa tonight.

I shut the car door and spotted the bus parked across the other side of the parking lot. No fans had gathered outside the venue yet because the show wasn't for another 4 hours so I walked inside leisurely. A big burly security man at the door gave me a weird look as I walked inside but his co worker recognised me and nodded me through. I guess i wasn't very recognisable without my bandmates. I walked through the halls as i scrolled through my phone to find Calum's contact. I clicked on it and texted him quickly.

"In arena now! Will you meet me before the show?". I clicked my phone off and put it away quickly. I was just turning the corner when i bumped straight into a very lost and confused Niall Horan. "Hey Niall" i smiled. He gave me his famous toothy grin.

"Alright Luke! Looking forward to the show tonight?" He asked.

"Yeah should be good" i replied flatly. I wasn't feeling very enthusiastic. Niall noticed.

"What's wrong?" He asked, sipping the coffee he was holding.

"Um..." I didn't know whether i should tell him or not. He probably didn't care much about me and my relationship troubles. "Niall... Has anyone ever sent a photoshopped picture of you and another girl to someone your dating?".

Niall's face paled. "Luke... Did you get one too...?" He asked his eyes wide. Oh my God.

"Not me... Alexa" i said and Niall's jaw dropped. "Someone gave her a photoshopped picture of me and another girl and she totally believed it. She won't see to me or even talk to me... It's ruined everything".

"Mate, the same thing happened to me and Liam last year" he shook his head. "My guess is that it's the same person trying to mess with you". What? Who wanted to mess with us? Why?

"But why?" I asked growing more frustrated. "Why would anyone want to mess with me?".

"Think about it! Luke Hemming's and girlfriend Alexa Hood break up after photos leaked of Luke cheating... It's media gold man". He's right. Someone was obviously doing this to try and make me look bad for their entertainment, and succeeding too.

"Do you still have the picture Niall?". He nodded. "Can I see it?".

ALEXAS P.O.V

When I woke the next morning I had yet another hangover. It had almost become a "not-so-rare" thing anymore. It kind of scared me, the thought that I might be turning to alochol a little too often to deal with my problems. I made a mental promise to myself that this would have to stop. I also prayed that the pain and feeling of emptyness without Luke would stop, that way, I wouldn't need alcohol.

I stepped out of my bunk and looked around at a bus already full of people. We must be in Chicago, I thought to myself. We had drove all night and I had slept through all morning of soundchecks and dress rehearsals. Ashton noticed me first.

"Morning" he smiled, dismissing the blonde woman who was busy cleaning the kitchen. He pulled me into a hug then, which surprised me but was much needed. I hugged him back tightly. It was almost like, i was feeling so broken that i had to hug him tight so i would be back to normal. When i broke away from him i realised it hadn't worked. I still felt like shit.

"Here" he handed me paracetamol straight away and i groaned.

"You're a saint Ash thank you" i took them and swallowed them quickly. "Where's the boys?".

"Cal is gone to get coffee... Mike was called into the studio to do a vocal recording for one of the songs from the album, it'll only take a minute..." He paused, obviously wondering if he should continue and tell me where Luke is. "Luke is on his way to the venue we're playing in tonight". I nodded. I couldn't decided if i wanted to see him or not. I was so angry. But i missed him so much.

"Alexa you don't have to come to the show tonight" Ash told me. I shook my head. It wasn't fair on the other three if i didn't come. I came on this tour in the first place to spend time with them and support them.

"I'm coming" i told him. "But thank you". I didn't really want to go. I wanted to stay in my pyjamas all day and listen to the fray and be sad but I knew it wasn't going to help me. Nothing was going to help me. The only thing that could help me was Luke Hemming's. Deep down i knew that this ache in my heart was never going to go away. Ever.

I got dressed in a pair of faded skinny jeans and a black crop top with red vans. I pulled my now fading purple hair (it was more of a lilac colour now) into a messy bun and did my makeup carefully. It was the first time since the "incident" i had properly done myself up and i have to admit it felt great. I looked good and felt a little bit better than before.

"You look beautiful" Ashton complimented with a smile, me as i walked out of the bathroom. I blushed and smiled. It wasn't the same as when Luke said it to me but it was sweet nonetheless. He was always so sweet to me. Even when i was moody and rude.

"Thank you ash. I'm sorry for being so moody lately... Thank you for always being nice to me anyways" i smiled. He giggled.

"Of course I'm nice to you. You're my little sister I don't want to see you sad ever" he beamed and i felt my heart drop. Tears rose in my eyes. I suddenly burst into tears and ashton looked so confused.

"I'm s-sorry" i cried and he pulled me into him, shushing me. "What's wrong with me ash? I'm such a mess... My life's a mess". He shook his head.

"You're not a mess..." He reassured me. I stopped crying and wiped the mascara away from under my eyes. "You're strong and brave and I know you can make it through all this drama" he said firmly. I wanted to cry again but i just nodded. Just then, Calum burst through the door holding a tray of Starbucks. He saw me wipe my eyes straight away.

"You okay?" Cal asked and i nodded smiling despite how sad i really was. I took a latte from him and sat back on the couch. Cal was kind of avoiding eye contact which was weird. I decided to ignore it and concentrate more on the fact that I would be coming face to face with Luke in a few hours.