-3- "You Look Gorgeous"

"How did you make a fricking Polaroid camera?" said Wanda. "Teach me!"

"It's not something to teach," said Indiana, whilst Wanda was testing the camera. She took a quick picture of Miya playing with Peter on the floor. The picture came out and she gave it to Indiana.

"It works perfectly. I still can't believe you did it in one week!" said Wanda.

"Hm," hummed Indiana. "It's something I learned from my dad, I guess," said Indiana. She took the picture and the camera from Wanda and put it aside, continuing to watch television whilst eating popcorn.

"So, when are we going dress shopping?" asked Wanda.

"Dress? For what?" asked Indiana whilst munching on popcorn.

"For your school's dance. Or are you not going?" said Wanda. "I thought you were going with Peter... as friends."

"I am," said Indiana, glancing at the laughing Peter across the room. It took a bit for Indiana to realize the end of Wanda's sentence. She sighed hopelessly, "as friends..."

***

The same afternoon, Wanda and Indiana went dress shopping for the big day that is coming up in two days.

"I've never been to a school dance before. What kind of dress do you think it's good?" asked Wanda.

"I think this shop is good," said Indiana. The shop's name was hard to read, so she didn't bother. They walked in it. It was full with clothes.
Casual and fancy.

In the Women section, there were many beautiful dresses. But there was one that caught Indiana's eyes.

-I don't know how to explain how dresses look, so please look at the picture above the chapter's name-

"How about this one?" said Indiana, holding the dress for Wanda to see.

"Wow," said Wanda in amazement. "That looks great! But it's too basic. Buy it. I'll change it when we get home."

After they got back, Wanda took the dress upstairs to her room. Indiana followed, just to see what Wanda was going to do.

Wanda put the dress on her bed and took out a box of small marble stones. She formed a pattern around the dress and when she was done she held the dress by its sleeves.

At first Indiana had forgotten of Wanda's inhuman powers, and felt a good relief when the marbles didn't fall on the ground.

"Wear it," said Wanda, handing over the newly improvised mint dress to Indiana.

Indiana nodded and headed towards her room that was right in front of Wanda's room. She closed the door and changed into the dress. Before walking out she looked at herself in the mirror.

It was like staring at herself that lived in a parallel universe. Since Indiana never wore these types of dresses, since most of her clothes are shared from Wanda. Aunt Zehra had bought her clothes and other things before, but never has Indiana bought or requested a dress for a certain event.

Indiana walked back outside her room, meeting the amazement on Wanda's face.

"It looks amazing! Let's go downstairs and show the others," said Wanda, and before Indiana could say anything else, Wanda grabbed her wrist and pulled her downstairs.

Trying not to loose balance and fall down the stairs, Indiana reaches the end of the stairs as Wanda let go.

"Mum, look!" said Wanda cheerfully as Aunt Zehra looked at Indiana.

"Wow," said Aunt Zehra. "It looks amazing on you, sweetie." Then she turned back at the television to watch her movie.

Indiana looked around the room, and saw no sign of Peter or Miya. Then, a voice came from outside the front door.

"Guys guess what!" said Peter, opening the door and walking inside the house with Miya skipping happily around the house, as if she had accomplished something important in her life. "Miya learned how to ride a bike with no training whee-"

Peter cut himself off after he closed the door and finally looking at Indiana.

"You look like a princess!" exclaimed Miya. Indiana smiled.

"Thank you. But everyone knows your the real princess!" smiled Indiana poking Miya's nose. Miya laughed and continued skipping towards the kitchen.

Peter was standing by the door, his expression was undetectable, until he nervously smiled and scratched the back of his head.

"Y-You look.. gorgeous," said Peter before following Miya to the kitchen to get some snacks.

Wanda looked at Indiana and then to the wall, probably thinking of something.

Indiana blushed of the sudden compliment and turned to Wanda. "I'm going to change before the dress gets ruined."