Forgive

I was in the car with Riley, and we were driving home. I had given her a three-minute silent treatment for using ring power against me, but then I couldn't resist the urge to ask about their honeymoon. I probably would've given anyway, though. It's impossible to stay mad at Riley.

We pulled up in front of the Pack House. I took a deep breath, but didn't move as Farkle and Riley got out of the car. Farkle kissed Riley on the cheek and went inside, but Riley waited next to the car for me. When I didn't get out after a minute, she opened the car door for me.

"Maya?" she said gently.

"Yes?" I replied weakly.

"Come on," she said. She grabbed my hand and tugged me gently out of the car. I let her, and she put her arm around me as we walked slowly into the house.

I walked into the kitchen, where I caught my reflection in the stainless steel of the refrigerator. My hair was dirty, with leaves and twigs caught in it. My clothes were dirty and ripped. A shame. I liked this shirt. I walked into the living room and stopped dead in my tracks.

Lucas.

He jumped up when I walked in and ran to me.His hair was still crazy, and he still had bags under his eyes. But his eyes were sparkly and emerald green, just like I loved. I got lost in his eyes for a minute as he wrapped his arms around me. But then I regained control of my common sense and pushed him away, with more force than I meant to.

"Maya?" he asked, peering worriedly into my eyes.

"What, Lucas?" my voice was cutting, sharp.

"I'm sorry," he whispered, staring down at the ground.

"Are you? Are you sorry?" I said loudly, laughing, "That's funny. Because you weren't sorry when you were breaking my heart. You weren't sorry when you locked me out. Do you have any idea what you did to me, Lucas? Any idea how bad it hurt?"

He met my eyes again, but his eyes were tortured, agonized.

Suddenly, he fell to his knees in front of me. I stepped back, startled.

"Maya Penelope Hart, I love you more than anything in the universe. I broke your heart because I thought I was protecting you, but I was being an ass. I'm sorry I caused you pain. I'm sorry I made you leave. I'm sorry I made you feel  like you had to leave. I'm an idiot, and imbecile, a moron, a halfwit, a dumb ass, a dip-shit. I'm sorry," he said pleadingly.

I stayed silent for a minute, but I couldn't help it: I smiled. I burst out laughing. He looked overjoyed.

"Can you ever forgive me?" he asked.

"I forgive you," I said, patting his head.

He climbed to his feet, picked me up, and spun me around. He kissed me, and I kissed him back as hard as I could. 

We went upstairs, fumbling over things, shoving each-other down on the bed, pulling each other closer.

I can't tell you what happened next, but let me just say:

Makeup sex is the best.