Chapter 10: Amnesia

*Zayn's POV*

I really was falling head over heels for Kat. Her deep brown eyes, and the way her smile lit them up... It was so beautiful. Everything about her was amazing. I couldn't get enough of the cherry lip gloss she wore, how I felt like I was in heaven when she was kissing me, the way she looked at me.

I really was falling for her.

The girls had spent the night because by the time we left the beach, it was so dark that no one wanted to drive. They slept on the couches, of course.

I woke up and went downstairs, finding that I was that I was the first one up. Kat and the other girls were still asleep. I looked over at Kat in her sleep. She even looked perfect curled up on the couch with an old blanket, wearing one of my t-shirts and a pair of active shorts. I leaned over the couch and kissed her lightly, not wanting to wake her.

I went into the kitchen and put a piece of bread in the toaster. I wasn't all that hungry this morning.

Running my fingers through my hair, I watched over the counter as Kat rolled around in her sleep. Suddenly, she screamed and sat straight up, breathing heavily. I ran over to her, as the other girls woke up.

"Is everything ok?" Harry asked as he walked downstairs, followed by the rest of the boys.

"Sorry, I- I just had a bad dream. I need some fresh air." She said as she got up and headed to the front door. I followed her out, sitting next to her on the porch as she buried her face in her hands.

"What was it about?" I asked. I stared at the sky, the sun was still barely rising. It was that early.

"What?"

"Your dream. What was it about?"

"Oh, that. Really wanna know?" She asked, glancing over at me.

"Yeah,"

"You were in it," she started, sighing, "I was out on the beach, and it was dark out. No one else was there but me. I heard you yelling inside the house, so I ran in. You were in the middle of the room. Tied to a chair. I ran over to you, but just as I did a man in a ski mask came out and shot you. In the heart. I screamed and you fell to the ground. Dead. Blood was everywhere, and I couldn't do anything. I couldn't stop it. Then the killer grabbed me, and that's when I woke up."

I wrapped my arms around her in a hug. "It's ok. It was just a bad dream. I'm fine, and so are you. Everything's ok."

"I know. It just scares me thinking that something like that could ever happen to you, and I wouldn't be able to stop it." Her voice cracked and she cried into my shoulder. I held her close, protecting her. I don't know from what. But I never wanted anything to make her cry.

"Nothing's gonna happen to me. Everything's gonna be ok." I told her soothingly.

"I'm sorry. I don't usually cry in front of people. It just... it really freaked me out."

I held her in my arms and she leaned her head on my shoulder as we watched the sun rise.

**************************************************************

*Megan's POV*

I had woken up about half an hour ago, Louis still asleep next to me on the couch. We were both still in the clothes we were wearing yesterday, and the TV was still on. He got up moments after I did, because his cell phone was going off non stop.

"Who keeps texting you?" I asked, yawning.

"Niall. They're freaking out because apparently there's no food in the house. So now I'm expected to go shopping."