Chapter 7: Megan's revenge.

*Megan's P.O.V*

My plan was perfect. So perfect, that it was hard to believe I had come up with it. I am a true evil genius. 

I texted Julia, using my iPod touch number which she didn't know, telling her to come to the park downtown at noon. This was just too sweet.

I texted the same thing to Niall, only, I told Niall to come at 11:30.

They both agreed.

Perfect.

I got to the park at 11:25, sitting down on a bench to wait for Niall. 

He got there about 3 minutes early. 

"Hey Megan," He said, smiling at me. "what did you need?"

"Well, I think I should tell you something, but you have to promise you won't be mad." 

"Sure, I promise." He sounded a little concerned. "What's it about?"

"It's about Julia." Fake sadness, remorse, and regret laced my  voice. "She, well, she's been cheating on you. I saw her yesterday with another guy."

"W-what?" He looked so sad, I could barely stand it. Stay strong Megan, just keep at it and he'll be yours. I tell myself. 

"I'm so sorry Niall. But, remember, if you ever need me, I'm here for you."

I pulled him into a hug.

And then Julia showed up.

"Wha-what are you two doing?" She asked, confused.

Niall stormed off, not even saying anything to her. He didn't even look at her.

"What's going on?" She asked, confusion and anxiety lacing her voice. "Why did Niall leave? And why are you here?" 

"Well, see Niall's... how do I put this..." I sounded genuinely sorry, if I was her I would've completely believed me. "Niall's been seeing another girl."

"What? No, you're lying." She was so scared, so.... heartbroken. Now I was really starting to regret this.

"No, I'm not. I'm so sorry." She started sobbing, and I hugged her. I felt her shaking, tears running down from her eyes, make-up smearing her face. The make-up she had worn just to impress Niall. 

Now I was really beginning to feel bad. 

She looked up, seeing the giant black splotch on my shoulder. "I'm sorry," her voice cracked, and she started sobbing again.

I couldn't stand seeing her like this. Her heart was truly broken, all because of my lies, just to win Niall's heart.

This was wrong, and I knew it.

But I still didn't say anything.

I still held in the urge to tell her my plan.

Stupid me.

"I-I'm gonna go." She said, clearly wanting to be alone. Her face was covered in runny make-up, her eyes red and swollen from tears. The tears I caused. New tears laced the brims of her eyes as she walked off, going home, hopefully.

The pain in my chest was weighing me down. I couldn't do this.

But what about Niall?

I needed him, but hurting Julia wasn't right. 

However bad I felt, though, I stuck with the plan. It wasn't going to fail just because I can't take seeing someone cry.

******************************