Chapter 11: Norah, Marie and Lisa

*Liam's POV*

I had sat in the hospital with Riley for 3 days straight. Maybe more. I hadn't really kept track. It was all the same.

How could things be like this? I was in love with a girl who didn't even know my name! How did things change so much, from one stupid car?

Why her? Why Riley?

Julia had spent a lot of time in the hospital, along with everyone else. There had been lots of people none of us knew that stopped in and said apologies for what had happened to Riley. How did all of these people even know about it?

Must have been pretty big, because it was more then just a few people.

Driving Riley home from the hospital was the worst. We didn't say a word. Just sat there. Normally Riley would be talking and talking and talking, but she couldn't even remember how to do that. She was a different person. And it was killing me.

I pulled up in front of her house, but she didn't get out of the car.

"I have a question." She said suddenly, turning to me.

"Sure."

"Were you really my boyfriend?"

I took a deep breath and smiled weakly. "Yeah. I was, and I am, your boyfriend."

"How did I get so lucky?" Leaning over, she kissed me gently on the cheek. And I slowly died inside.

"You are perfect." I whispered as she got out of the car, low enough so that I doubted she could hear me. Just before she closed the door, she leaned back in.

"A perfect girl would remember her boyfriend." Closing the car the door for real this time, and I watched her mother run outside and pull Riley into a tight hug. I smiled watching.

It was one of those moments that just touches your heart.

"I love you so much." I whispered to myself as I backed out of her driveway and into the road, heading for home.

***************************************

*Julia's POV*

I hadn't been able to sleep at night. I was haunted with the image of Riley getting hit by that car. It was murdering me inside. Thinking about it. I kept feeling like I should've done something, anything.

But I knew blaming myself for this was harsh.

I was curled up on my couch with Megan and Kristy, both of which were fast asleep. After all, it was 4 am and everyone was tired. I was too, don't get me wrong. But sleep only gave me nightmares. There was literally no sleep in it.

I took out my phone and texted Niall.

Me: Hey, couldn't sleep.

Niall: Needed someone to talk to?

Me: Yeah, Im having a sleepover with Meg and Kris, but they're asleep and I don't want to wake them up.

Niall: So you woke me up instead?:P

Me: Sorry! But I need you right now.

Niall: It's ok, no prob anyways, want me to come pick you up?

Me: Yes please. I'll just leave them a note.

Niall: See you in 10 xx

I slowly rose up from the couch, careful not to wake Kristy and Megan. They didn't even move. Thank god. I jotted on a piece of paper that I had gone out with Niall, and would be back soon. I looked horrible. No make-up, an old t-shirt and plaid shorts I use for sleeping in. My hair was up in a messy bun, and I was wearing flip-flops shoe wise, waiting for Niall to get here.