Chapter 20: Rematch

The sun had set, yet there was light in the skies of the Isle of Draco. The light came from streams, and blasts of pink magic, from Chang. Towering as tall as the Dark Dragon was, she fought off assaulting dragons with ease. To add to the situation, she had summoned the night dwelling Shade Demons to aid her. Those who weren't risking facing the villain were overwhelmed by the dark minions.

"Hey, Shade Demons!" Jake called out in the air with Fu on his back. The dark creatures glared at him with red glowing eyes. "Eat Instant Sunshine!" He yelled as Fu threw an opened pouch of sandy crystals into the air. Jake breathed fire at them, igniting them. They shined brightly in the sky, lighting up the whole Island. The Shade Demons winced and hissed until they were taken out by the army of dragons. "Yeah! That's what I'm talking about, yo!" Jake celebrated.

"Kid, look out!" Fu shouted, pointing to the left.

"Huh?" Jake turned left and was ambushed by dark violet claws. He was pinned to the ground by it.

"Oof! That's my guts flattened..." Fu commented trying to squeeze out from underneath Jake. Meanwhile, Jake struggled as hard as he could.

"Dragon Long... Initially, I had no quarrel with you. But ever since your dragon powers manifested, you insisted on getting in the way of all my plans! Now, you will finally pay the price with your life!" Chang charged up magic in her other claws.

"Not if we have anything to say about it!" Haley announced as she and Rose dive kicked her behind the left ear.

She stumbled to the right, releasing Jake and Fu. But she did not delay, she immediately shot lightning bolts back. Jake flew in front of them and shielded them. He closed his eyes and braced.

"Jake, you can let go now." Rose tapped his shoulder, prompting him to open his eyes and look around.

Green and pink stank was gradually flowing out of her and into the sky. Her lightning died down in her claws.

"The Sorceress is defeated!? Impossible!" Chang tried to grab the stank back but it seeped right through her claws.

"No Obsidian Staff to boost you this time!" Heck in his gigantic dragon form exited a portal in the air.

Chang growled, "I'll have to look for another source then!" She flew for the palace.

"The Hall of Dragons!" Hudson exclaimed from the ground.

The heroes chased after her. A huge gust of wind blew over them. They look up to see Heck flying ahead of them and gaining on her. He grabbed her tail. Chang quickly shot beams at him. It struck him in the face, but he didn't let go. He opened his wings wide to pull Chang back and landed. It worked, so he proceeded to throw her to the ground by her tail. Before she was slammed into the ground, she detransformed and freed herself from his grasp. Then she shot stun rays at him from the ground. It struck, knocking him back, stunned. She then continued to the palace in dragon form, trails of stank following behind her and fading away. She was shrinking as well. By the time she reached the palace, she was a third of her previous size. But she still had some magic left. She blasted the roof off with a huge beam and flew in.

The heroes flew in the broken roof to find Chang had grabbed all the dark artifacts, phased them into her claws with magic, and absorbed most of the dragon chi, and was regaining her size and power. Jake breathed fire at the chi Chang was approaching, stopping her. She turned towards him with a glare and breathed back. Her dark purple fire covered the whole opening in the roof, and it's still going. The dragons fleed the incoming fire. They were relieved when a huge ice breath fought back. After that, Chang burst out of the palace and tackled Heck to the ground, his feet catching himself. Now she's as strong as before again, to his dismay.