Welcome!

Thanks so much for choosing The War Among Us, I just want you to know that you WON'T regret it! I also wanted to be honest in saying that this is unedited most of the time and I will probably come back and edit some stuff every week. If I ever change anything major, I will make sure to let you all know in these bolded sections on top of the writing. I also wanna do that thing where writers choose songs for their chapters so I'm going to try that, but not for the prologue since it's so short. Anyways, I'll let you continue on to the book!

OH BUT WAIT!! I'm in the process of setting up a blog where I'll post chapters ahead of time and get feedback from those who offer it. I think it'll be great, but now I'll let you get to the juicy stuff :)

 Ash fell on my face. The burning aircraft was to my right side. The heat of the fire was burning into my side as if it were touching me. I couldn't open my eyes, but then again, I didn't want to. If I opened my eyes, I'd have to face the harsh reality that I was slowly dying and so were my parents if they hadn't died already. I already felt the searing pain in my chest, hip, and leg. I knew that my time was short, but I wasn't ready. I wasn't ready to die. I squeezed my eyes closed tighter as I heard heavy footsteps coming towards me. The sound hurt my head immensely and soon I was being nudged by something hard. I opened my eyes slightly to see leather boots and before I knew it, he heaved me onto his shoulders like a potato sack. I tried to cry out but the pain in my body wouldn't allow it. I was already drifting into unconsciousness due to the pain.

I coughed as I woke up. I tried to sit up, but my ribs hurt too much so I opened my eyes and saw that I was in a stone cell. I was in a corner laying in some kind of liquid and in the other corner of the cell where my parents who were curled into each other. I croaked an uneasy, "Father,"

As soon as I said it, my mother was by my side immediately. Father stayed back. My mother pulled my head away from his direction and hugged me, "My sweet Duncan."

Yup...that's it. I told you is was short lol. Anyways, I'm gonna post chapter one right away after this, but first, comment and ask questions whenever! Add this to your Library and tell your friends about this story, I swear you won't regret it!

Bye guys and keep writing!! o_0