Chapter 38--An Errand

Hey guys! I'm finally back and honestly, I missed writing so much! I can't believe I went a little over 2 weeks without it! I wanted to let you know that the updates will happen more frequently again and that I'm ready to get down to business. The first half of this chapter was written before my leave and the second half was just written today. I liked the ending of this chapter a lot guys actually. I think you get to see a little part of Duncan's life that you never saw before. It's not a super important chapter, but I like the consistency that it establishes. We know Duncan can be an asshat and a dork, but he also helps people in secret. I think that it was cool. Anyways, I'll shut up now hahaha. Enjoy!!! :D

DUNCAN'S POV

We all walked out of my office with a plan in our heads. Oliver, Bellona, Allison and I were going to meet again later because Jake, Ricky, and Casper were coming back in a few hours. In hindsight, it would have been better to just delay our meeting until we had the information we needed, but it was fine. I didn't mind meeting again because I had absolutely nothing to do. I was dying of boredom and I wasn't sure what I wanted to spend my time doing. Emily was out patrolling the border and she was my only real friend.

I walked in my room and breathed out as I plopped on my king size bed. Lately, I had been nicer to Oliver. A couple weeks ago, I was happy to see him in a pink room, all mad and irritated, but now it was different. It was kind of a dick move on my part. I sighed and got up to go to the right thing for the first time in a while.

After knocking for a solid minute, I was sure he wouldn't answer. Right as I was about to turn away, he opened the door. His dirty blond hair was disheveled and he looked tired. I looked down at his bare forearms which were filled with scratches from itching. It was probably due to the amount of sunlight he was exposed to over the past weeks. I gulped the guilt and looked him in the eye, "Pack your stuff. I'm moving you to a new room."

He was surprised, "Really? I mean, I'm okay with this room. Y-you don't have to." He nervously chuckled. It was kind of cute honestly.

"Look at you getting nervous!" I cooed him teasingly, "No, really. Pack up."

He grumbled at the cooing and limped to the bed where he had his bag and belongings packed with him. Seeing him limp made me mad. The fact that he was hurt like that by his mother made me mad. I wanted to be the one to kill the queen, but I knew he was going to want to so I planned on letting him. He limped back to me as I walked him out into the dark hallway and up past my room. His was decorated in a grey/black theme like mine and he had his own bathroom and curtains. I opened the door for him to see it and smiled when he smiled. I was happy he liked it. "This is great Duncan, thanks." He plainly said.

"It was my pleasure."

"Oh," He raised an eyebrow and smiled at me, "it was?"

He always caught me off guard like that. I sighed, "Just shut up."

"I'm sorry, that's not something I do."

"Obviously,"There was an awkward pause as I pushed myself to ask something unexpected, "Look, I need to go to town and get some stuff." I breathed out and carefully asked, "If you need anything, you can come too. If you want. I just wanted to offer."

He crossed his arms, "You know what? I might need some food and I hear there's a pretty good cafe near here."

Everything in me told me this was a bad idea. I had to focus on the mission and he was a distraction, but then I remembered something: I was a master procrastinator. I smiled, "Great, we can pick up some dinner then I'll go run my errand. Meet me in 15 by the front door?" He nodded and I left with the biggest smile. As much as I pretended to hate the guy, I really liked him. I jogged to my room and tried to pick out some nicer clothes. I ended up choosing some light jeans and a plain black t-shirt. I put my white Nikes on and styled my hair again. After brushing my teeth, I was ready to go. I grabbed my black bomber jacket and threw it on, grabbing my white Lamborghini keys.