Chapter 40--As You Wish

OLIVER'S POV

No words could describe the absolute bliss I felt when he trusted me enough to take me to his special place. Duncan's hand was grasped over mine as he led me to the tree lines. As soon as we got in, he took a deep breath in and let go of my hand. Taurus whimpered, but I must've too because Duncan teased, "Did the Dark Prince just whimper?" I cringed.

"No, that was you." I laughed as we kept walking forward. He frequently looked back at me with his crimson eyes to make sure I was okay. At that point, the woods were so dark and quiet that I had to use some of Taurus' energy to bring out my eyes and fangs just to see. My werewolf senses were a lot better like that. The only noticeable sound was the crunching of leaves under our feet. As I looked around, I started to notice that the area was familiar. I stopped and Duncan was immediately by my side. After a quick sweep, I found out why it was so familiar. Through the pine trees, I saw my old cave. I guess I could hardly call it mine though. I mourned there and had my first transformation. I slowly walked to it with a small smile, remembering when I teased and laughed with Taurus here. I also remembered the pain that I felt here.

Taurus did you--

Yeah, I can see it. It seems like such a long time ago.

It was. 10 years is a long time. I can still feel the pain here. It's like we left a stain.

Yeah. It's weird and I think we should go.

For once, I'll agree to that.

"Oliver? What's wrong?" Duncan's voice asked as I stood in front of the small overhang.

I looked up at his worried face. I didn't want to tell him, but I wanted him to know me. I was stuck. I smiled a little, "My first transformation was right here. I was dying from not feeding and Taurus took control and killed a hitchhiker. Then we ran here and I changed into a wolf. It was amazing, but I can't forget the life I stole."

He was silent for a second, "There's more to it. I can feel the sadness radiating off of this place. I know you've killed before so the sadness isn't from that, is it?"

I looked back to the rocks and grabbed his hand, "No, but it's an old wound. It's just an old scar I guess, but a pretty lame one at that." I chuckled.

He looked at me wearily, "C' mon then, we're almost there."

I nodded and let him pull me along. I smirked, "Race? I bet that I'm faster."

"Sure, it's about 2 miles up now. Just go straight and you'll get there. You know, I don't know why I said that because all you hafta do is eat my dust!"

He sped off. I sprinted after him without a second to spare. Racing Duncan brought me back to the days where I was racing others down the court, but now, I didn't have to control myself. I could be free. I was able to run as fast as I could without the fear or hesitation that I once had. I used to want to be normal, but if I had realized anything in the past 10 years, it was that there was no such thing as normal. As I raced Duncan, I didn't actually realize that I had shifted into my large white wolf. Taurus was prancing with excitement as I started to catch up. My large eyes watered from the wind and I had to focus so I didn't hit a tree. Duncan had a sly smirk on his face as I ran up behind him.

"Taurus?" He asked.

Nope, you're stuck with me. I laughed and said through our mindlink.

He laughed, "Great so I don't have any real competition."

I ramped up my speed as if I was showing him how fast I was. He ran faster beside me, winked, and sped off. I asked Taurus, You wanna take over?