Chapter 15--Awaken the Griffin

The drive to the ward felt extra gloomy today, I was leaving behind a life that I'd spent 18 years on. I was leaving my mate, the people that raised me, and my friends. However, at least I finally got away from all the stress and supernatural crap. At least in those secluded woods, I could be assured my privacy and security. The only people that would know where I was, would be the queen, Greg, and Martha. I yearned to add Duncan to that list, but he was about to become the vampire king. I was his enemy now.

The quiet was so loud. So loud. It was too bad that I couldn't put that knob on at the moment to make this ride better. I was a little tense just thinking about what I was going to do. I was literally about to break in. Hopefully, Rhonda would be on my side and I wouldn't have to hurt her. She was like an aunt to me and I didn't want her to be too mad at me. Eventually at 5:45 I got to the psych ward. The sun was peeking out and I briskly walked in, wiping my sweaty palms on my pants.

I opened the door and put on a fake smile, "Hey gurrrrlll!"

Rhonda's eyebrows raised, "You're happy today."

I leaned on the counter, "Yeah, well why wouldn't I? The ice queen's heart has finally melted. Haven't you noticed her being more involved with Ally?"

She laughed, "Yeah, I was wondering what possessed her but if she finally started giving a damn than kudos to her!"

"I know right? Anyways, can I go in?"

She sighed, "Technically visiting hours don't start until 6, but since I like you..."

The light above the first metal gate came to life, signaling that I could go in. I thanked her and as soon as she couldn't see my face, I dropped the smile and rubbed my face. I got to her door to see her peacefully sleeping. At least she wasn't sedated. However, she was strapped to her bed with leather cuffs. I unstrapped her and pushed her awake, "Ally, wake up. Sweetie, it's time to go."

She slowly woke up and rubbed her eyes, "Oliver? Why are you here so early?

"It's time to go." I gave a small smile and her eyes lit up.

"Mom and Dad got me out?"

I didn't know what to say at the moment. I didn't want to tell her the truth because I needed her focused, so I smiled, "Uh, yeah, something like that." I helped her up, "Ally, hold on tight." I then picked her up bridal style and walked back towards the metal gate. There weren't any nurses in the hallway so I hurried along and got through both of the gates. I heard Rhonda gasp and I looked towards her. "Rhonda, please. Please trust me that this is for the best."

She furrowed her eyebrows and shook her head, "I could lose my job. I'm sorry, but I can't let you do this Oliver. If you know what's best then stay here while I go get the nurses. If you leave, they'll report you for kidnapping."

I didn't want to scare her to stay quiet but drastic needs called for drastic deeds. I put Ally down and slid out my fangs. I slowly walked towards Rhonda as she backed away in fear. I spit out, "If you know what's best, you'll stay here and say that you didn't see anything. If anything, you were in the bathroom when we got away, got it?"

She rapidly shook her head as I smiled sweetly, "Good."

I grabbed Ally and sped towards my jeep. She was hyperventilating as I gave her a hoodie to cover up her gown. In a worried voice, she looked at me, "Uhh, Oliver? What actually happened?"

I scratched the back of my neck, "Well, uh, I kinda sorta kidnapped you."

After a few minutes, there wasn't anyone following us so I slowed down a bit and laughed. I couldn't believe it was so easy. I whooped in victory and tried to high-five her, but she was still in shock. I quickly swallowed my boasting and looked to her, "Ally, it's okay."