Chapter 6-BIG Developments

Hey guys! I gotta be honest, I feel like I may have put in too much in this chapter and It's probably going to be changed soon! I'll probably take out the big reveal in this chapter since it's not really important in here, but I'll replace it with something else. I just wanted to post SOMETHING. If you're reading the chapter and you're like, "What big reveal??" I probably changed it and you, sir, missed a chance to know what might happen. As for my last edit, there was nothing major changed but I realized that I'm an AWFUL typer haha! Anyways, I'll let ya read now. Enjoy!

I painfully walked all the way home. My pain was worse now that Duncan was gone. I felt bad for what I said to him, but I barely know him. He's been rude since the night I met him so I ignored my guilt and kept on walking back.

I got home to an angry Martha waiting by the back door. I sighed and trudged in anyways. I opened the door and faced her with a bored expression on my face. She stood and looked at the floor with her hands by her sides. She straightened up and raised her chin, breathing in deeply, "Oliver. I think we should forget about what happened Thursday night. You said some very hurtful things and I was very upset which is why I slapped you. I apologize for that, but don't push me so far next time."

The way she tried to justify herself made me mad, but I held onto my calm demeanor. "I need to talk to you."

She seemed intrigued, "About what?"

We both sat down at our table, "Is there anything special that our family can do that others don't know about?"

She slowly shook her head, "No, I don't believe so. Our family is a long line of Lawyers actually."

I groaned, "Something is happening to me and it has to be hereditary. It can't be anything else!" I pounded the table in frustration.

She looked slightly puzzled, "Oliver the only hereditary thing that's in our family is diabetes if you're lucky. Do you need to get tested?"

I growled, "No, I'm just--" I stood up and started to walk away, "I'm fine."

I walked out to my jeep and drove down to the local cafe to get an egg sandwich for breakfast. I was pretty hungry and I had to think about what just happened and what it means for me. I got to the cafe and I ordered my coffee from Ann, the cashier. After settling into my normal spot I looked around the cozy space. It had chocolate colored walls and there were blinds over the windows to create a more serious and calm mood. The creme tiles covered the floor and to my left, there were some really comfy bean bags. I sat in the back corner of the cafe, took out my mac and plugged in my earbuds. I decided that the first step here was to do a little search into my family history.

I went to findmyfam.com to see my family tree. The website was credible and a lot of people used it to trace their roots. I put in my Dad's name to pull up both sides of the family. I looked it over starting at the top and I saw a lot of greek people, but none of it looked too familiar. My great great great great great great great grandfather was a famous lawyer in medieval Greece, so that was cool. I continued to study it until I reached Dad's name. To the left was Martha's name and underneath them was Ally's name and mine. I clicked on Ally's name and looked at her profile. It only had a birth date and a dash to indicate that she was still living. I clicked back to the tree and clicked on my name.

I looked at my birthday and stopped dead in my tracks. Right below my name was another category that ally didn't have. It was my adoption date. I felt like my stomach was turning inside out and I sat there as if moving would make it true. Did they adopt me? 1 year after I was born, I was adopted by the Galangos'. I was never her child, which explained a lot. I looked down and my nails had grown into sharp and dangerous claws. I jumped and sat on my hands. A giant rush of pain flared through me. I grit my teeth and got up, grabbing my mac. I quickly walked out to my jeep and started it up. I had to get to the woods quick. I was gonna transform any minute now.