E I G H T ;

Lonely. Peter sat alone in his room, tears stinging his eyes, his hands shook. He didn't like what he was becoming, what the hell was wrong with him? Why did this thing, whatever it was, have to take over him? Why couldn't someone just kill him? He just wanted everyone to be safe, they were practically all he had, apart from May but she had no idea about any of this.

You heard soft sobbing in Peter's room, you couldn't believe he'd said that. You walked into his room, he sat on his bed, a terrible parallel to last night. You sat on the bed too, Peter wiped away a tear that threatened to fall from his cheek. "Peter, please look at me," you whispered, gently turning his head to face you, letting your hand linger on his cheek.

He raised his hand to yours and held it softly, tears welling in his eyes. "You can't just die, Peter, everyone needs you," You said, tears welling in your own, he shook his head and let go of your hand, "no they don't, they don't," he whispered, "why would they need someone to kill them?" You gazed into his eyes, he looked back at yours, "Peter... I need you," you whispered, his eyes making the world glisten, his hair sitting messily but beautifully on his head. He looked away, "please just go," he whispered, he sounded ashamed.