T W E N T Y F O U R ;

Screaming. In the distance the shadowy figures had obviously reached civilians. A piece of rubble flew toward Peter, hitting him in the side of the head. This was just enough to distract the demon and let Peter regain control for a moment. "Y/N if you kill me, they all die! I can't control them, only he can! You have to kill me!" You knew it was the truth but didn't want to accept it.

Fire and red covered the streets. Peter looked at you with pleading eyes, the two of you untouched in the centre of the whirlwind of chaos. Peter walked over to you, tears welled in your eyes, "please
Y/N." He coughed again, spitting up more blood, "it has to be now or I'll die and he'll be the only one left," he spoke, literally begging for death. You held his hands, "I don't think I can..." you whispered urgently, tears like waterfalls, pouring rapidly down your cheeks. He picked the gun up off the floor, "you're the strongest person I've ever met, Y/N, I know you can," he placed it in your shaking hand.

You embraced him, both of you crying now, you placed your remaining hand on his cheek. You kissed for what was probably only a few seconds, but it felt like an eternity. You should've had longer but now was it. Although this was bliss for a short while, your tears continued to fall. Peter pulled away and continued to hold one of your hands, leaving the other for the gun.