Tibet

(DAYU)

"This can be a ground for divorce, you know...attempting to kill me this way is a violation of the vows we made." I said while hovering near the campfire as the stupid man I married figure out how to build up a tent with another stupid man.

"I think we should do this one first, Your Highness," Lao, the other stupid man, said while reading a "how to put up a tent" manual. He showed the manual to Qing and pointed something. "Ah you are right," my husband agreed with our friend.

"Here! More woods," Stupid number three appeared from my left to dump more woods we can feed on the campfire. Most of them are fallen branch or dead tree bark. Chong collected them.

Stupid man one, two and three decided that after skiing on the mountains of Nepal, we should go glamping on the other side of Mt.Everest, here in Tibet.

But no matter how stupid Qing, Lao and Chong are...I think the award for "the most stupid person on this side of the Earth" should still land on my hands. Why? Because I am freaking here! With stupid man one, two and three.

"I can feel my balls shriveling," I said, trying not to gnash my teeth in the cold.

"You should try moving. Look at me, after collecting woods, I think I am sweating," Chong smiled at me.

"Your hair have icicles," I pointed out. "What sweat are you talking about?"

Chong gave me a blank look before turning to the other two people still busy figuring out how to stick part A to part B. "Can I help, Lao?"

Chong just gave up on that argument fast. It's because he knows he will not win.

"Yeah," Lao presented the manual to Chong then look at me. "Are you okay, Dayu?"

"Don't ask him that!" Qing winced. But it's too late, the question was already uttered. It cannot be unsaid.

And it deserves an answer. So I breath in some freezing cold air and launched my answer to Lao's question.

"No! I am not alright. We are in the middle of nowhere..."

"Tibet," Chong muttered.

"Surrounded by tall trees, a frozen lake and enough snow to bury our Palace in Beijing. It's negative hundred degree here and it's freezing cold. I now sympathize with that lake!" I pointed at the pointed lake. "I hate you all! Why are we doing this?! Really?!"

"It's not negative one hundred here. You are such a diva," Chong called me for throwing a tantrum.

"Dayu ah, we are testing ourselves against nature. We are men," My husband gave me encouraging looks.

"Testing ourselves against nature? The forest cabin we rented is just seven minute ride away, we are practically in the backyard of that cabin. And the convenience store is just thirty minutes away. We are not testing anything against nature, aside from wanting to know how long our skin can stand cold before it turned blue..." I snarled at my husband.

This is ridiculous. We are camping near this small lake because these stupid guys decided that if you are in Tibet, might as well camp. A once in a lifetime chance to be one with nature...and winter.

But the thing is...we just came from building a snowman and snow skiing at Nepal. Snow after another snow doesn't make any any sense to me. Ice after snow also won't do.

"Dayu ah..."

"I am freezing cold. Qing..." I held my gloved hands out to my husband. "Tell my parents I love them..."