Always

(DAYU)

I pouted while sitting on our bed as I await Qing to finish his bath.

The whole night was a disaster. But who would have thought that blanching vegetables using the microwave can lead to that? Can lead to the microwave burning...

"Did we bought a substandard microwave, Qing?" I asked my husband.

"Stop blaming the microwave. You put a thin tin bowl on it. The bowl heat up and burst inside the microwave. You almost burn down the whole Pavilion. It's your fault, not the innocent microwave..." Chong sneered.

"Stop blaming Dayu, Chong ah. Any novice in cooking will make that mistake." Lao sighed.

"Really?" Chong scowled at Lao. "Stop defending him. He almost got hurt because of his stubbornness."

"I am just glad that Dayu didn't get hurt..." Lao replied before giving me a relieved smile.

I look at my husband. Qing gather me in his arms...

"You cannot cook. Let's accept that fact now. From now on, no more cooking for you." My Prince decided. "I am glad you are not hurt, my Love. Please stop putting yourself in danger..."

I nodded, "I won't attempt to cook again. You are right. That's so scary, when the electric outlet sparked up." I shivered while hugging my Prince back.

But now I am wondering...is it really my cooking that made that disaster in the kitchen?

After the incident, my cooking came into a halt. Qing pushed me to the living room and closed the kitchen and dining room. Tomorrow, staffs will clean up the mess I made and I will never be allowed to cook again. Which makes Chong happy...

"Which is a blessing for all of us, I assure you..."

I pouted after my bodyguard said that.

Lao called the kitchen in the main Palace to spare us food for dinner without giving any reason why we have no food in the Pavilion's kitchen. It was delivered to us without any staff asking any question.

The staffs are very professional in this place. They do what is ordered without making too much fuss.

"They don't need to know what happened in the kitchen if I willed it," Qing assured me. "I am the Crown Prince and this is my Pavilion. I can burn this whole place down and build a new one if I put it in my mind that it's what I want to do."

That made me wince, "But you will not do that, right? You will not burn this place down..."

Qing gave me a teasing smile, "I don't think I need to do so. It looks to me like my Consort will burn it for me..."

I felt my whole face heating up with that tease from my Prince. Qing and I sat close together while having dinner in the living room.

Now, we are getting ready to sleep.

Qing went out of the bathroom looking devastatingly handsome in a pair of sleeping short and nothing else.

I stared up at him. "Are you sure you are not mad at me? You can take the money for renovating the kitchen off my allowance." I offered to my husband.

"No need. The Pavilion has a maintenance budget. The money to repair it won't be a problem," Qing said before he sat next to me on our bed. "Stop feeling guilty, my Love."

And since he is absolving me...

"But is it really my fault?" I asked Qing.