Sponsored Event

(QING)

"He sponsored a what?"

Learning that my husband is shelling out a hundred fifty thousand yuan to support a get together of his haters is something that will never cross my mind that I will do for my own critics.

But then that's me...Dayu thinks very different from me, that's for sure and proven several times now.

I would have remained clueless about this if not for the fact that some of those expenses for the said get together were charged using a credit card that was awarded to my husband on the day he married me. The money was being pulled from our shared account and the bank sent me a notice about the three withdrawals for fifty thousand yuan each.

That's the warning that prompted me to send my people to ask why my husband is withdrawing large amount of money from our account together. Not the one hundred fifty thousand is a bothering amount...we are rich after all. I once gave Dayu 2 million yuan without blinking once but still...that's money Dayu is taking without me knowing where he will spend it.

But it never crossed my mind that Dayu will be using that money to fund a get together event for his haters. And the event will happen today.

Why is he doing this?

"Why else? To show you and Chong that he can face adversaries like his haters online." Lao said.

I narrowed my eyes at my Chief Aide. "Do you know anything about this?" I asked my friend suspiciously.

"Of course," Lao sounded proud when he replied. "Unlike you, Dayu still likes me."

"Dayu loves me," I cannot believe I am arguing this fact. I am Dayu's Royal husband. Loving me is obviously implied.

"Yeah, he loves you but he doesn't like you at this moment. He thinks you are overprotective."

"I am overprotective." I won't deny that fact. "Dayu and Baozang were kidnapped under my watch. I will never let them get hurt again."

Not again. Not while I am still breathing.

Lao's face turned a little sad. "You know they never held that against you, right? The Princess and your Consort never blamed you for what happened, Qing."

"Because they both have forgiving hearts. But I won't forget, Lao. I will protect Dayu and Baozang with everything I have. That includes their names and reputations. Period," I said that last part to end the discussion.

But Lao is not someone who will let anyone end a discussion when he still have things to say about the matter, "Being protective is not bad, Wang Qing. Suffocating Dayu and Baozang with security and protection is a different matter. It might end up with them hating you. Dayu is doing this to show you that he can protect himself to an extent and that you have to trust him."

"I trust Dayu...it's other people I hold in suspicions." I said in a grim tone.

"If you trust him then let him do this," Lao said. "Let Dayu use his methods. Let him know that you trust him."

"Lao..."

"Wang Qing," Lao put a hand on my elbow. "I know you are worrying but Dayu has his ways and you have to respect his boundaries. You guys are married but you know that you won't let Dayu invade some of your business. Then give him the same courtesy. This is Dayu's business, let him handle it."

"You are so Zen, I swear I am itching to punch your face," I hate that Lao is stating logics and he is making me realize that I have been a lousy husband to Dayu.