The Crown Prince

GQ CHINA

For our tenth anniversary of publishing about powerful, influential, famous and inspirational men all over China...this year we will have a double feature for our anniversary month. And it will feature the two men, two Royals, who will change the shape and face of China for the World.

Two men who will change the Royal history for the future to come.

Crown Prince Wang Qing and Prince's Consort Jian Yu.

For our first edition, we will get to know more the man who will soon sit on the King's throne.

He defied traditions. He broke some laws. And he fought the odds. All for his love for the man he took as his Royal Consort and husband.

Crown Prince Wang Qing.

We sat down with the Prince who is as mysterious as he is open to us. His innate charisma that made him the most photographed man in China in the last decade. His mysterious aura that made him the most sought after bachelor in his time. His flair for life and business. His devotion and loyalty for his family that he proved time and time again. And his love for the man he crowned as his Consort.

Those things that made Crown Prince Wang Qing the man that he is.

But this time, we will learn more about Wang Qing, the husband.

How is he as a partner to his Consort. What kind of dynamics they have together. And the most important question of all...his plans to beget heirs for the Royal throne.

The Crown Prince graced us with his presence and charm inside his favorite spot in the whole world, the Royal Palace Grounds.

Interviewer: When did you first met the Consort, your Highness?

Wang Qing: I met Dayu when we were four years old. Right here in the entrance of the maze garden.

Interviewer: Four? And did you remember liking him?

Wang Qing: (laughing) No. He is a newcomer. Lao, my Chief Aide, and I were fascinated with Dayu but he was the newbie so like in a fratenity for boys, we tried an initiation for our little club. We ended up making Dayu cry. We were terrible to him.

Interviewer: And does the Consort still remembers that?

Wang Qing: He does and he scowled at me the whole time while I was saying sorry and trying to get back to his good graces.

Interviewer: You mentioned saying sorry...who said sorry more often?

Wang Qing: Between me and Dayu?

Interviewer: Yes.

Wang Qing: (frowning slightly) Well, whoever is the culprit, he should say sorry. There is no hierarchy in our relationship when it comes to those kind of things. I am not the Crown Prince when I made a mistake. If I made it, I say sorry. If Dayu is at fault, he said sorry. Simple as that.

Interviewer: I see. So far, you have been married for four months now, have you adjusted to being a married man?

Wang Qing: I think so. Like in an interview Dayu and I made at the start of our marriage, we mentioned about the changes in our life not being that significant when we got married compared to when we were not. Right now, I think we have established a system that we slowly but surely developing as a married couple.