Mission

(QING)

Chong approached me...about taking Lao out to a date.

"I already talked to Dayu and he gave me some useful insights. I would have asked him again but I know he will give me a hard time..." Chong sighed.

I nodded my understanding. Chong and Dayu like each other as Consort and Bodyguard, but they also love arguing and bantering. Sometimes they cross lines when they say hurtful things to each other but so far they have been resolving things in a peaceful way.

Peaceful way meaning they are doing everything to solve things short of murdering each other.

"Dayu gave you advice about Lao?" I frowned at that. "Okay. So how can I help you?"

"Can you tell me where you order your suits? You know...those formal wears with silk linings and velvet materials." Chong asked.

"Formal wears?" I opened a small box filled with calling cards of establishments I frequently call to provide me with things and services. I shifted through the cards to find the calling card of my suit designer. "You are thinking of taking Lao somewhere fancy?" I guessed since where will they have any use for formal wears if they will not go to one of those fancy places?

"Yeah," Chong scratched his nose. "Maybe a museum or a private auction with modern fine arts then to a nice restaurant. I am still smoothing out all the details."

"I see," I nodded as I slipped the calling card of my suit designer across my table. "Here is the number of my designer."

Chong picked up the card. "Thanks and uhm..." he sighed again before wincing at me. "Can I also ask where you get your haircut?"

First my suits and even my haircut? I cannot help but ask, "Okay, what is going on?"

Chong scratched his head this time, "Dayu said I have to look smart and savvy to match Lao's class and elegance. You are the savviest looking person I know...so I am asking for a little help..."

"To look like me?" I don't think I find that comforting at all. "Chong...can you tell me what exactly did my Consort say about Lao?"

Chong frowned then he proceeded to tell me about his conversation with Dayu.

"Ah," I am finally grasping the whole story. "Well, Dayu is not wrong. Lao is sure classy and elegant but Lao is not really "high maintenance", if you know what I mean,"

Chong looked confused, "You mean..."

"Lao will enjoy going to a museum and gazing at fine looking arts and he might feel gratitude if you will take him to a fancy restaurant but if you really want Lao to have a good time and if you want to truly impress him, you should take him to a big flea market."

"Flea market?" Chong looked surprised at that.

I nodded, "Or if you can find a countryside fair and carnival, those will be good too."

"A countryside fair and carnival? Are you sure about this?" Chong sounded skeptical.

I frowned at the skepticism on his voice. "Of course. Lao and I grew up together, literally all our lives. Of course I know my friend and what can make him happy."