Epilogue

With Kokona off the scene, it was quite easy to wipe SALL from existence. Q was a loyal and hard working member, but he wasn't a very compelling leader. Soon enough, all the members were either on the run or in jail after they admitted to have had taken part in the murder of L.

Light was dead as well, so while the taskforce was suspicious of it, they were never able to confirm his guilt. Misa Amane, upon hearing of her love's passing, took the single Death Note page that she had hidden for herself and wrote her own name onto it. No amount of protesting from Rem could keep her from doing this; she didn't want to exist in a world where her love did not.

After all of this, the only Kira remaining was Teru Mikami. He tried his best to fill in as the only Kira, but despite his greatest efforts, he fell as well. Near and the rest of his group were easily able to take him down. The Death Note was taken into custody, but eventually those who owned it decided it was better if it was taken away. Both owners of the two Death Notes on Earth forfeited ownership, and Rem took hers away. Ryuk, after seeing no one would take the Death Note, took his away for a time as well.

Crime spiked after every Kira went away, but eventually returned to how it was before Kira had come about.

And so after years and years had passed, Kira became only a history lesson (and plenty of  conspiracists believed that it never even happened; Kira was just a scare tactic to keep people away from crime). Life moved on as normal.

Jessie Reeves grew up to be a bright young woman, and she took after her aunt Halle. Once she was older, and with Halle's recommendation, she ended up working besides her aunt under Near. She started her own family, and eventually adopted two young boys, along with having her own biological daughter. She never learned the truth about her older sister, but despite that she still created a wonderful life for herself.

And thus ended the reign of Kira.... for a time. Knowing Ryuk, it may begin again at anytime. It would only take him finding the right human, one with potential. 

And those who knew of the Death Note's existence lived in constant anticipation, waiting and wondering if this battle would begin again. Maybe it would, maybe it wouldn't.

They could only hope for the best.