The past that haunts

The world was silent, my sword slid out of the pale chest of the vampire, red and black swirled like a whirlpool as it poured out of the creatures chest. The sounds of twigs and leaves being crushed echoed with my slow foot steps as they started to climb the hill, I prepared myself for another attack. The foot steps were slow but not heavy, they must be human-like. It could be a Warlock or an Elemental so I held my sword close. He froze as he saw me but I couldn't make out what he was except for his silhouette so I dropped my sword once the figure spoke

"Seth, is that really you?"

I just stared as he moved towards me 'it couldnt be ,could it?' I thought to myself but then the figure stepped out of the trees shadow, I smiled as a young clean-shaven face smiled back at me.

"Axil you son of a bitch come here and give me a hug" I said as I walked towards Axil, I embraced Axil as he started to cry and mutter

"i thought i would never see you again Seth" he said.

I just held him and whispered "it will be okay. I let go of Axil when he stopped crying and walked back to Aries

"We have a lot to catch up on dont we?" he said. I set up a campfire so we could talk. Everything seemed like how it used to be, memories of gun shots and screams flashed in my head,

"Are you okay?" Axil asked

"yeah, im okay dont worry its just been a while since I last saw you" it went silent for a moment until Aries woke.

"Who are you?" she asked but as I went reply she passed out again, Axil gave her a questionable look as she layed there snoring away.

"dont worry she's just recovering, as we got attacked by a pack of Wildlings" I said as I sat down next to him.

"I know the pack you're on about big pack, I think they have been breeding under ground as I haven't been able to find their nest" he replied.

"wait have you been hunting?" I asked, Axil stared at the ground as he replied,

"I guess so, I hunt what I can and I learn what I can but I mostly just scout and sell the infomation to bounty hunters and things like that", He noted my puzzled look. "You have no idea how it works around here do you?, well let me tell you the basics" he took a deep breath "there are communities of monsters like Werewolves ,Warlocks and Vampires if they havent gone feral like the ones over there" he pointed towards the corpses that had started to decompose "but the monsters that havent gone insane or feral tend to go to communities where they sell and trade. You can pretty much buy anything you want like a shack, drugs and even weapons depends on the seller really but most places dont take kindly to Angels" he said as he pointed to Aries then looked down again "especially hybrids like you " he mutterd  it went silent after he said that. "so how did you end up here?" he asked I thought for second but it just hurt trying to remember.

"to be honest I dont really remember I just remember getting stabbed then everything went black and I woke up here so I dont know" I replied.

"At least you remember what killed you, all I remember was the war and being afriad then there was this darkness, then I woke up here with these powers. I didn't know how to use them then but that was a long time ago now" he said as his right arm went translusant "I don't even know what I am even after all this time" he muttered, I placed my hand on his back "you're a Remenant" I said.

"what the fuck is that?, I thought I was a human" he replied.

"you were but that doesn't matter now just know that im gonna find a way out and you are coming with me" I said as I stood up "seeing as you're a scout how about you give me some info on where I can get me and Aries some fresh clothes and maybe some food and drink " Axil seemed confused "whats wrong?" I asked.

"Nothing just you shouldn't feel hunger or thirst", it was my turn to look confused, "when you die you don't need the sustenance"as he said that my stomach growled "don't worry I will find you two something, just stay here okay" I nodded in response .He stood up and started his desent in to the woods but I could help but feel like I should go with him but I needed to be here for Aries. The silence was back but this time I felt relaxed knowing I had Axil by my side again, 'I swear I will not let you die again.'