The night hunters

i could hear the vampire as it stepped over leafs in the distance, i quietly clocked my revolver as i aimed it in the direction of the vampire but as i was about to pull the trigger a small voices broke the silence "daddy do you have to kill it?" i looked down into them innocent golden eyes "i'm afraid we do honey we don't want it hurting people we care about do we" i replied as i looked in to the dark waiting for the vampire to make another sound " why do we have to daddy" it surprised me that she asked "okay the monster we are hunting is a vampire " i stopped for a moment to see if i could notice him but all i noticed was my daughter staring at me with those innocent eyes and i just thought her mother wouldn't have wanted this for her " actually i just realised we don't have to i'm sure this vampire has learnt his lesson don't you think?" and she had the smile on her face "yay does that mean we can get ice cream now " why did i ever think a 8 year old was ready for hunting even if it was just a weak vampire. we quickly made our way though the warehouse but as we navigate our way our i could hear it shifting around us , every little sound made my hair on my neck stand .i opened the heavy metal door . the moon looked so beautiful , i don't think that we're gonna be able to get ice cream now, it's too late"as i said this i turned around to see the disappointment on her face but was pushed to the ground as a white blur attacked me, i felt the vampires claws rip through my clothes and in to my flesh, i tried to reach for my revolver but as i did the vampire's teeth sunk in to my neck , i quickly ripped the creature of of me threw him and with a small rattle of metal and weep i knew he had hit the door. my blood started to form a puddle around me but before i got the chance to heal a scream erupted my ear drums, i quickly sat up to see the vampire hunched over my daughter. it's like time sped up as in the matter of a second i had the vampire pinned against the wall entrance to the warehouse, i smashed the revolver barrel threw his teeth as i did the vampire screeched in pain but i hesitated "for going near my daughter i should've pulled out every tooth and nail then let you fend for yourself against your own kind" i grabbed his left arm ,after a moment i felt his bone break under the pressure of my grip,as the vampires screams filled the air my daughter shouted "no daddy remember we kill monsters not become them" i watched as the vampire struggled i could see its desperation in its eyes ,she was right , i placed my hands on to the vampires smooth head closed my eyes as golden light erupted through the vampire. i felt my daughter wrap herself around legs as she said in a muffled voice "can we go now?",i looked in to the black hole where the eyes would have been,one thought flooded my mind,is this what my daughter will have to do to survive?i let the limp sack of pale white skin crash to the ground and i took my daughters hand" lets get some ice cream" i said as we walked towards my car.i listened as the sound rushed through the tree branches .the creature moved to quick i couldn't lock on to his location so i had to wait till it got close, i held my breath as i moved my revolver left and right as the sounds of rustling leaves and broken branches echoed in the silences. i took a deep breathe, bang!,the sound of the screech's echoed through the forest the sound of the bullet and scream must have woken up aires as she shouted "behind you" but it was two late as another vampires claws had sunk there claws in to my back, i winced in pain as i fell to my knees as the vampire dug in to my back, i tried to aim my revolver at the bastard but i couldn't tell and i didnt want to hit aires so i quickly pulled my sword out its heath and as i did the hilt of the sword hooked on to the vampire and it launched him over my shoulder, the wings on the hilt had hit the vampires throat and sliced into it,it layed there squirmin , id idnt hesitate this time as i plunged my sword in to its pale chest, as black and red blood leaked from where my sword sat and i couldn't help but think of my daughters innocent eyes.